95 Mustang Will Not Start

• Sponsors (?)

i do not get power to this wire. when i do turn it to the start position the " Clicking " stops. its acting as if the car is stuck in thinking " its being stolen ". it was doing this intermittently, that's why i removed the alarm system in the first place. didn't solve my problem though so i put it back in.

Ok making some progress, don't worry about the clicking sounds
Make sure you have a good battery
Pull the connector off the ccrm
See if you have power to all the yellow wires and a red wire
I'm going to try to put a link here to help you with that but I'm not very good at it

Attachments

• Anatomy of a 96 Mustang CCRM-R1.pdf
    269.7 KB · Views: 237
Oh no. I am not going to take any credit for this. Dohdogg did it all on his own, if somewhat by accident maybe.
The first paragraph in jrichker's check list said 'low voltage, bad connections' are common problems and are the easiest to overlook.
It was mentioned by jrichker again at the end of the first page to run down the checklist.
Now understand I was under the impression that the connections where checked and found good, thats not to say dohdogg was dumb, I found him very willing to do what was needed to find the issue and repair it.
It all go's back to the check list. If you don't follow it, your gonna chase your tail. Thank you jrichker.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh no. I am not going to take any credit for this. Dohdogg did it all on his own, if somewhat by accident maybe.
The first paragraph in jrichker's check list said 'low voltage, bad connections' are common problems and are the easiest to overlook.
It was mentioned by jrichker again at the end of the first page to run down the checklist.
Now understand I was under the impression that the connections where checked and found good, thats not to say dohdogg was dumb, I found him very willing to do what was needed to find the issue and repair it.
It all go's back to the check list. If you don't follow it, your gonna chase your tail. Thank you jrichker.
You are welcome.

The checklist procedures are written because there are a multitude of possibilities and I can't be present with the owner to sort out what are the most likely ones. Therefore, the checklist is a dump of all the possible malfunctions with the simple or most common failure items at the top of the list.

Reactions: 1 user