95 mustang won't stay on

crazy95horse

Oct 4, 2010
TEXAS
So i sent my car to a shop to get my heads/cam/intake and get it tuned. I picked it up and it ran great, but a day after it left me on the road. Now it cranks and starts but only for a few seconds and dies. These are the mods i installed.

I installed some p-heads, explorer intake, and tfs stage 1 cam, 1.72 RR, Crane Cams springs, 24 lbs injectors, 255 lph, and pro-m maf calibrated for 24 lbs., pullies, CAI, and full exhaust.

I think it's something with fuel, because i put the key on the "on" position and checked the pressure in the fuel rails and very little fuel squirted out. Has anyone had any issues like these, any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

It may be the fuel pump relay in the CCRM. But, before replacing the CCRM I would check the voltage at the pump and confirm that the fuel pump inertia switch hasn't been tripped. You need to actually measure the pressure at the fuel rail. Getting fuel to squirt doesn't mean much. Possibly a plugged fuel filter although I would think that it should have been replaced when the pump was changed. Ask the mechanic.

i checked the fuel pump voltage already, it was like 7-9 and the inertia button hasn't been tripped. My brother changed the fuel filter after the car started acting up. I checked the prices for the CCRM and it's about $180 at autozone :eek:

i checked the fuel pump voltage already, it was like 7-9 and the inertia button hasn't been tripped. My brother changed the fuel filter after the car started acting up. I checked the prices for the CCRM and it's about $180 at autozone :eek:

You should be seeing 12v+. Only getting 7-9v will have a significant impact on pump performance. Get a pressure gauge and run a temporary wire to the pump. You will then see what you need to chase down.

That's because the fuel pump relay is part of the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module). It's a hard wired piece that generally isn't repaired.The reference you gave is for an A/C relay.