Progress Thread 95 Sapphire Blue Supercharged 351 Build

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by s351, Apr 26, 2014.

1. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

What are your detailed plans for the bottom end? Stock fasteners? Studs? Rod bolts?

2. s351

s351 Member

King bi-metal bearings (have had great results with these in the past) They are very forgiving bearings

ARP main bolts
    ARP rod bolts
    ARP head bolts

stock rods
    stock crank

Probe forged pistons

Saleen warrantied the s351r with the stock internals minus the pistons, they used forged wiseco. Unfortunately their tune was not very good and resulted in some failures.

3. s351

s351 Member

Also will be using stock bearing clearances and ring gap will be wider. I am going to use stock ring size 5/64

4. s351

s351 Member

Well I haven't worked on the car much the last couple of weeks besides tedious rewiring of gauges and basic wiring. I needed some motivation so i took a trip to the machine shop Monday. The engine was out of the vat and sitting in the back of the shop and it looks great. I'm not sure what kind of enamel they use on marine blocks but it is durable.

Well after some needed motivation it was back to the garage. Last week i cleaned out the shop and organized car parts. Two things were obvious, the heads and supercharger looked like junkyard candidates and the valve covers, I almost threw away. So first the supercharger.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. s351

s351 Member

Finally got the block back last week and started building it, I'm down to throwing the valve covers, flywheel, clutch etc on and throwing it in the car. Between waiting on the block and finishing the interior, I invested in a powdercoating setup for the brackets, I will post pictures of them when I get the time.

Also, I cleaned the engine bay up and painted it with truck bed liner, did some trading for a set of fr500 wheels, grabbed a set of used NT1 275's and 315's, bought an AEM alcohol setup, wired in a pioneer premier deh-p940mp, polk mids/high's, image dynamics idmax 10, kicker zx600 amp and alpine 4channel amp.

I also invested in a set of new Russell fuel fittings and braided AN lines from the engine bay to fuel rails. I felt that the stock rubber was weak and really didn't feel comfortable running them. Enjoy :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A5literMan likes this.
  6. s351

s351 Member

7. s351

s351 Member

8. h2v7

h2v7 New Member

Can i buy those guages?