95 tranny issue

Shanksta

Jan 26, 2010
ok so i dont know quite how to describe this sound but ill try ,

When im already in 1st or second (only happens in these 2 gears) after i have the cluch full out every now and then you will hear a slight grind noise but sounds more like a rattle than a grind. She doesnt pop out og gear or anything but tis only in the low RPM of both of these gears when it happens , it does seem to be happening more often than not in second gear. Anyone have any clue?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem before and it was the throwout bearing rattling and the fingers on the clutch fork that hold the bearing in place was wore out and was not keeping the bearing stationary so it rattled alot.So i would check your throwout bearing plus your clutch fork.Good luck.

only thing i have planned in the next few months is 3.73 gears in the rear , intake manny , 70mm TB , 75mm MaF a Cold air intake ,shortty headers and a nice H pipe High flow cat back system.

+1 for the king cobra. should be a good upgrade for you and still have the stock feel.

Ram clutches can lick my scrotum. I hated mine with a passion, worse mod i ever did. that's just my opinion though.

The clamping force of the King Cobra was enough to handle my 400+ s/c'd HP, but it would eat clutch cables for breakfast. I swapped to an advance auto parts clutch and never broke another clutch cable again. Maybe I just had a faulty King Cobra clutch kit who knows, but it def. kept it's grip no matter how hard I drove!

Hey Shanksta,

I was wondering if you were able to resolve this issue....as I have the same problem that you have described. When I drive the car I slip the clutch on purpose to prevent the noise on take off. I was thinking that my tranny may need a rebuild because of this noise....but if not that would save some money. I have 100K on the original tranny and I would think it should still have life left in it, I am going to start increasing the output of the engine....I know the T-5 is not the strongest but I don't plan on anything more than ~300hp at the wheels in this car. Maybe others on here have some input.

The clamping force of the King Cobra was enough to handle my 400+ s/c'd HP, but it would eat clutch cables for breakfast. I swapped to an advance auto parts clutch and never broke another clutch cable again. Maybe I just had a faulty King Cobra clutch kit who knows, but it def. kept it's grip no matter how hard I drove!

+3 on the King Cobra, never had any problem with mine or clutch cables.