'95 Vent selector is not working

jsanches

Jan 16, 2011
Brazil
Hello Guys,

I just bought my '95 GT some days ago. I tested all thing I could.
Now I realized that the vent selector button is not working, althoug it was working when I tested.
It only blows to the windshield. If select mix, floor or just vent it still blowing to the windshield.
The air conditioning is working properly, but blowing cold air to the windshield too.
I remember that a could hear something moving when I have selected to vent or mix or floor, but now when I select vent or off I can't hear anything.
Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Juliano

• Sponsors (?)

It's controlled by vacuum, and if a vacuum line has come off or is broken, it'll do just what is happening to you. You need to feel around back there for vacuum lines that may have come off and reconnect them. Usually you can find them and you can also find where they need to go by just reaching back there.

Agreed with Don and Chris.

If you don't find any cracks or breaks in the line, check where the line goes into the rubber boots at junction points along that line. The boots can leak where the nylon line goes into them.

Hello Guys,

Thank you for all replies. I found the problem after read this. I got this chased and found it broken in two parts. I just bought a new vacuum line and replaced it mending the tips.
Probably I have broken this when inspecting the engine compartment.

Thank you so much.

JS