96-98 cobra vs 98+ fbody

I could care less what somebody drives on here - what is "funny" - is I am a millionaire and don't have to worry about "what car" I drive! Not to mention I will smoke either one of his cars! ":rlaugh: "

Ya right, you are so full of crap!!! :rlaugh:

However if you were to pop, oh, say, $10,000 or so in large bills, into an envelope and mail it to:

Box 1251
Russell Mb. Canada
R0J 1W0

When I receive the cash I will recant what I just said and apologize sincerely :D

• Sponsors (?)

I'm starting to think some of you aren't the "Mustang Guys" that I always thought you were...Would you honestly take a '98 and up f-body over a 96-98 cobra just because its faster?
If you asked me, I'd have to consider it heavily. I am a true stang guy :shrug:

Word.

I wouldn't even have to "heavily" consider it. Camaro's are ugly as sin. T/A's aren't that beautiful either. Not worth giving up a Mustang for.

To the original poster... dude, are you serious? Say it to yourself. "Cobra"

Cooooooobrra

Now say "Camaro"

But not too far from a toilet...

:puke:

Bottom line: They've got comparable performance. Unless you are in some kind of winner takes all tournament in your city, go with what you LIKE, what you WANT TO DRIVE. Only time speed should be a deciding factor between these 2 is if 1) you have insecurity issues 2) you have a ton of f-body friends who would make fun of you. And 2 should only matter if 1 also applies.

Word.

I wouldn't even have to "heavily" consider it. Camaro's are ugly as sin. T/A's aren't that beautiful either. Not worth giving up a Mustang for.

To the original poster... dude, are you serious? Say it to yourself. "Cobra"

Cooooooobrra

Now say "Camaro"

But not too far from a toilet...

:puke:

Bottom line: They've got comparable performance. Unless you are in some kind of winner takes all tournament in your city, go with what you LIKE, what you WANT TO DRIVE. Only time speed should be a deciding factor between these 2 is if 1) you have insecurity issues 2) you have a ton of f-body friends who would make fun of you. And 2 should only matter if 1 also applies.

Ya, I'm just saying, a lot of you are too quick to turn your back on the mustang..

Ya, I'm just saying, a lot of you are too quick to turn your back on the mustang..

I don't think people are necessarily turning their backs per sé, some of these are facts some are preference. It's a fact that the LS1 is more stout in stock trims, largely because of the 1.1 extra liters, among other things. It's cheaper to mod because it's a pushrod and def has a better trans. The fit and finish of the mustang is better and the styling is all preference.

Myself, I would not sacrifice the styling, sound and fit and finish of a Cobra for an F-body any day of the week. I prefer the sound of the Mustang, that modular sounds beautiful at WOT. I think the interior of the F-body's is awful (especially that hump on the passenger side). You really can't argue with the performance though.

The thing about Stangnet is, there are a lot of us here who dont just "consult eachother for mustang advice". A lot of us here have followed eachothers projects for years. Its kind of like a family :)

If you truely did'nt care to impress anyone, you would'nt have made this instigating comment:

By the way, I too am on the young "A list", (if you're really as wealthy as you claim to be, you'll know what I mean), but I cant imagine that anyone would give a **** about that, so I keep it to myself, as should you. :nice:
Have a good day!

Yeah don't throw it in our face. (JK) :D But no really, I wish I wasnt poor.

Tmoney, nobody on this website cares how much money you have or pretend to have. ( You are the same guy that bought a 25 dollar tach from taiwan) with the millions you have I would think there would be autometer all over your car. Hell I am BROKE and my mustang had autometer guages. So I gave you two infraction points for your posts in this thread, blackfang was just disagreeing with you there was no need for the way you acted.

I apologize for offending any of the above members I could care less if you believed me - I could send you pictures to verify my assets – but that would be childish and irrelevant. For some reason speedfreak98r started to trail on all the threads in an attempt to rip me or correct me like something a high schooler would do. I don’t insult people until they insult me. I am very professional in person, words can be misinterpreted over the internet. I will keep posting here and if people keep getting disrespectful I will just use my old mustang forum that doesn’t have people trying to taunt other people for no reason. No sweat off my back, back to the work week making money and paying bills.

For the record the tachometer you reference was actually $70 shipped and because it was from (Hong Kong) and it would cost me more than the product is worth to ship it there, I will just sell it to someone with a chevy or a civic for the same price I got it and go out and buy a Autometer like I had in my old Saleen. I will let the guy from Hong Kong win that battle and not waste my precious time driving to the post office.

There I have said my piece. :shrug:

In my opinion, most late model F bodies are pretty ugly if u ask me...Maybe with some nice wheels and a lowered stance they look ok, but still kinda bland. I know the LS1 is always faster in stock form, but a Mustang has much more style and is a better looking car all around, especially the 96-98 Cobras. Its not always about being faster. Go with what you like better. Matter of fact get 1 of these...
Picture126.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture124.jpg

Although my Mach 1 is better & faster than my 97 ever was, nothin beats the looks
of a nice 96-98 cobra... Especially the hood & front fascia!!!! Go COBRA!!! When I get my blower, I cant wait to smoke Camaros & TA's. for now though, im always gonna be slower. Its alright though, at least my car looks badass...

Attachments

• Picture126.jpg
    Picture126.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture128.jpg
    Picture128.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Picture124.jpg
    Picture124.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 138