96-98 Factory Chrome Wheels

Ferris Bueller

Feb 4, 2003
MD
I picked up a set of chrome 17 inch split 5-spoke wheels at a swap meet. They came with chromed plated center caps with the running horse logo. They look like the factory stock 17 inch wheels found on the 96-98 GT, but I have only seen those wheels with a brushed or polished finish. I have seen the 16 inch GT wheels and 99 17 inch wheels in chrome, but never the 96-98. Was a chrome finish a special factory option or do I have a cuztomized wheel?

• Sponsors (?)

I think it was a seldom used option, cause like you i think i have only seen 1 or 2 '96-'98 cars with them on. And funny you mention you got them at a swap meet cause a couple months back i was at a swap meet in Georgia and came across one of these chrome wheels with a tire on it, i wanted to buy it but it was too much.

Post some pics of em!

I have rarely seen this option. This is not my stang taken a few year back at Carlisle, so hope they don't mind. Looks good with the dark green paint IMO.

96-98GreenLarge.jpg

Attachments

• 96-98GreenLarge.jpg
    96-98GreenLarge.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 371
Thanks for the info. I've NEVER seen those wheels on a car, it looks great. I wanted something that was unique but still fit the 94-98 Mustang look. I picked up the wheels for next to nothing due to salt pitting on the chrome finish. The outside face of the wheels were perfect, so I ground the pitted chrome to the metal and painted the inside flat black. Here is a cell phone pic of what the finished wheel looks like.

View attachment 392171

Damn Thats Expensive!!!

I have beeen thinking of selling mine but i want to get alot for them because mine were perfect
Yeah i know, but i would imagine getting them from Ford would be just as bad or about the same. I wish mine were in perfect condition like yours but the idiot that owned the car before me couldn't drive for **** and the wheels have a lot of curb rash and scratches.:(