96-98 vs. 99-04?

DropTopPony said:
Go to http://www.linktrek.com/messageboard/ and ask Zanzer to post his dyno from his PI Intake/Cams...he gained 32 rwhp...
I have seen the heads side by side when i swapped mine off.
Who's jealous? I have VT st2 prepped PI's myself but would have went with some Renegade prepped NPI's if he wasn't so busy.
The argument is not that the NPI's are better then the PI's...its that they aren't nearly as bad as they are made out to be. With everything being made equal ie: same size valves/springs etc they flow about the same. For guys on a budget the heads are not needed.

Peak hp.

I didn't say you were jealous...I said "some".

The springs don't literally have anything to do with how much they flow. Valve sizing is more of a factor.

Yep they flow about the same, but not the same. The PI heads (port holes) win.

The headswap is pretty cheap...get PI heads/cam for $350 a head. That is cheap. A lot better than the $1550 bucks I spent on my heads.

A tune would be a better option. I'm sure the ECU's are calibrated differently considering they have different flow in air and timing of the cams.

• Sponsors (?)

It seems like a pretty cool website. I just looked around I dont care to start a thread there. I dont own any of those cars, but they seem like they know what there talking about.