96 cobra midpipe

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by Ponyman50, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Ponyman50

Ponyman50 New Member

i own a 96 cobra and was looking into midpipes and currently have an american thunderr catback. Does mac make a prochamber for my car? If so where would i get it the cheapest and if not what should i get? :flag:
  2. O.D. Showtime

O.D. Showtime Founding Member

I put on a Bassani x-pipe (offroad version) to match my Borla catback. It made my car about 2-3 times louder than it was with just the catback. Quality is great, sound is awesome, but it's typically more expensive than other brands...but you get what you pay for.
  3. chrisbudl1

chrisbudl1 New Member

Sorry buddy!!!!! They don't make one. Some numbnuts parts sales person might try to sell you one, but it won't fit. :bang: :bang: :bang: Trust me I just went through the same thing. You can go to mac's website, and read that our transmission crossmember is in the way. The chamber sits right where the crossmember is. I also have the A/T catback, and just want something a little louder, and not so raw as off road pipes seem to be. If you like the flowmaster sound, stay with an h pipe. with high flow cats it should be louder, they say 2 times compared to stock. I can't see spending an extra two hundred bucks for cats but it is your car. Other than that offroad, or gutting cats is about your only other option. If I had a grand to blow on exhaust, I might try bassani midlength headers, and one of their x pipes. They come with cats, and a straight pipe, if you want to take them out(replaces cat part of pipe). They only other thing to think about is headers? See your self getting some in the near future? If you get long tubes, you need a midpipe for long tubes. My self I'm just going to get a mac offroad h pipe, and if that is too loud, maybe throw on some of bassani's new cats. But it is all up to you, hope that helps, and sorry for the bad news about prochambers. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: Chris