(96 mustang gt)lookn for best possible shock/spring combo

lsubadboy

Oct 19, 2004
yes im lookn to change out my shock and springs but not sure what is a good combo i had some kybs on there agx i didnt like them so i put some monroe sensatrac still dont like them but it may be my springs cuz the car just rides rough hits every bump like a damn tank its just horrible to me i want to get some opinions on what other people r using i hear so much i wanted to get some eibach but they told me not to use them with the monroes and i think i might go with the fms "b" rated but i dont know if that spring is going to give me the low look that im lookn for but i was told the lower u go the rougher ride it will be cuz of the firmer springs but i really want to get rid of the 4 inch gap on the fender i hate how high it sits so im like confused and i know there is better stuff out there but u have to have the money for like the koni s and stuff so im like i dont know what to do so can some one help me out on there opinions

• Sponsors (?)

bdcardinal said:
oww. there are things called periods.

um, maybe try bilstein shocks. what is your goal with the car? do you just want the lowered look, or do you plan on taking the car drag racing, autocrossing, road racing?

lol ya i know i dont really like using them much as u can see lol but no its just a plain street car i only race like red light to red light u know its not a track car but i do have the cobra heads and the flowmasters and the h pipe so its a lil better then stock but i want to get a better stance its to high to me but still ride good cuz the monroes i have now suck and i had kybs didnt care to much for them so if i go with bilstein what would be a good spring

lsubadboy said:
lol ya i know i dont really like using them much as u can see lol but no its just a plain street car i only race like red light to red light u know its not a track car but i do have the cobra heads and the flowmasters and the h pipe so its a lil better then stock but i want to get a better stance its to high to me but still ride good cuz the monroes i have now suck and i had kybs didnt care to much for them so if i go with bilstein what would be a good spring

Well for shocks and struts u cant beat the Tokico 5 way adjustables because then u can set the ride to however u like it really stiff to nice and soft. Springs I've got H&R sports those are the best they make for drag racing. Its about a 1.5" drop if u get the urethane spring isolators without them its probably around 1.75" drop. H&R supersports are a higher spring rate so they will be a bit stiffer 1.75" drop with spring isolators, almost a 2" drop without.

Sick96Stang said:
Well for shocks and struts u cant beat the Tokico 5 way adjustables because then u can set the ride to however u like it really stiff to nice and soft. Springs I've got H&R sports those are the best they make for drag racing. Its about a 1.5" drop if u get the urethane spring isolators without them its probably around 1.75" drop. H&R supersports are a higher spring rate so they will be a bit stiffer 1.75" drop with spring isolators, almost a 2" drop without.

well r they any thing like the kybs agx shocks and struts i put them on one time and i didnt like that at all but then again i didnt have any new springs so maybe if i got new springs with them they would do better cuz i didnt really like the kybs i have monroe sensatrac right now i was thinking about getting some fms springs b rate but i dont know if that will lower the car enough but i want to take the shocks and struts back and get something else cuz i was going with the eibach pro kit but they told me not to use them with monroe shocks so i was like what the hell lol so i have been confused on what to go with