96 Mystic - Questions

twopookies

Nov 28, 2009
Good morning!

I have a couple questions for ya'll regarding our 96 Mystic Cobra. It's # 867 of 2000. We're trying to sell it, it has 64k miles on it. Interior and exterior are in great condition. My husband has added chrome cobra wheels and added 3 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust. Other than that, everything is stock. My question is, what is a fair selling price? We have it listed at 10k and not having very many bites. I know the economy sucks, but I know there has to be a mustang enthusiast out there thats looking for a Mystic! Any other tips u can give me for trying to get this sold would be most helpful. What websites are most active?

I appreciate ya'll taking the time to read this. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Christy

• Sponsors (?)

SVTperformance.com would probably be your best bet for a car like that. The only issue is not the economy "sucks" and not a lot of people are picking up project cars. Mainly I think your issue is that its heading into winter, not a lot of people picking up Mustangs right now if they have a winter.....but where do you live?

No problem, I would strongly advise you check out svtperformance.com good classified section there solely for cobra's , especially one as unique as a mystic. It will also give you a good idea of what the car is worth. I wish you the best of luck :nice:

Wow that sounds just like my girlfriends car she just picked up a few months back. Same year, color, wheel combo. Hers had 97k on it and we payed 8000. The main reasons we did is because he has an up to date carfax report ready for any buyers interested along with all svt paperwork and receipts for everything done to the car. Paperwork definatly helps a buyer feel at ease when buying a car. Hope that helps.

Right now $10,000 is a little high, but if you sit on the car that is within the price range someone would pay for a great shape Mystic with lower miles such as that.

$8-$9k would probably make for a quick sale, people tend to turn away when you break that $10,000 mark in my opinion. Also, remember that mods do not increase the value of the car. About the only thing that may help is a nice set of wheels. When selling a car like this, people want as close to stock as possible in most cases.

Sounds like a nice Mystic, they are getting hard to find and are real pieces of art.

I sold my 96 Mystic with 135k miles, overall good condition, and several bolt ons a few months back for $7500. I tried SVTPerformance along with several other forums. I put in on craigslist and it was gone in a week. If you haven't tried that yet, put up an ad with good details and pics. I'd say $9-10k would be fair, but it takes patience. I had mine listed for sale for about 10 months (but in no hurry to sale, really didn't want to but had to eventually).

I've had it on Craigs List for a few months now. Ive had a few people bite but no takers. Craigs List is so frustrating with all the spam u have to deal with!!!! But I've tried posting it in states around us hoping to find that special someone :)

That's what worked for me, posting in a neighboring state's listings. I got lucky I guess, as this was really my first sale on craigslist and I received little if any spam. It depends on how motivated you are to sale. If you need a quick sale I'd lower to $8500 or less. There are quite a few of these cars being sold right now, and I've seen several around $8k, so you're competing with them. The motivated sellers hurt the ones that aren't. Good luck with the sale.