96 spindles on a fox?

oatburner99

Feb 20, 2010
Temple, TX
ok I've read every 96 spindle thread that I could find.... but didn't see anyone mention this. I know that there is 8mm difference in track width, when installing 96 spindles PER SIDE. I know that the 94-95 spindles have an upwards curve on the steering arm. I know that a bumpsteer kit will not help the angle of tierod. I've read Maximum Motorsports link that everyone keeps posting.

Here's my question....

Has anyone measured the curve difference between the 94-95 spindles and 96-? spindles?

Reason I ask.....has anyone tried to use adjustable Steering rack bushing's and lowered their steering rack in order to compensate that curve in the steering arm? Also in combination having the car lowered? Obviously lowering the car will help that angle out....
I picked up the rack bushings and it measure's out to be around a 1/4 of an inch of adjustability...not much but anything helps right?

Any info you guys have I'd appreciate

• Sponsors (?)

In theory the bushings should work. When I was reading up on which route to go when I did my five lug I found a lot of people talking about how the bump steer would be terrible. However none of these people had the 96+ spindles, all the folks that had 96+ spindles claimed to not notice a bump steer problem. I went with the 94-95 spindles because I wanted to be able to run 17X9's on the front of my car if I decided to.