'97 GT needs help

• Sponsors (?)

97gtblue said:
im new here on stangnet but i was also wondering what are the best mods for a 97 gt..all i have is mac underdrive pulley's, k/n air filter,40 series flowmasters and, bbk off road h-pipe

You can get some decent gains from the PI cams and intake. Not as much as the complete headswap, but it's alot cheaper and easier to do.

my vote is to get short shifter b4 any thing else if you dont already have one, i asked the same thing that you did and every one told me gears or head and intake swap, i decided to do gears first...

i gotta check them ideas out.. im fixing to order 4:10 gears but i didnt know where the best place to order them from,because i dont want my car roaring down the road like a few other peoples i know... also will my transmission be ok i got a stock 5 speed that came in it.. but i definetly want to do them mods

Ok, so say I didn't want to buy used PI heads with a sketchy history. If I went to Ford, I assume I could get brand new replacement heads for any 99-newer Mustang. That being true, what year would I want to get for the best fit/performance onto my '97?

Actually, I guess the same goes for used heads. What year should I look for.

Ok, so say I didn't want to buy used PI heads with a sketchy history. If I went to Ford, I assume I could get brand new replacement heads for any 99-newer Mustang. That being true, what year would I want to get for the best fit/performance onto my '97?

Actually, I guess the same goes for used heads. What year should I look for.

97gtblue said:
can my stock motor hold tons of boost

no...9 lbs is "around" the max you are going to want to go without a lot of internal engine work...you are going to need around 15 without any other work....if you do heads, cam, all the bolt ons, get some forged internals, a great tune...and then a blower...you will do well....you are better off to just get a cobra..