'97 T-45 in '00 GT

natron00gt

Aug 5, 2005
the main question I have is about the speed sensor, how do I go about using the gear driven sensor rather that the electronic one, is it as simple as just pluggin in the sensor, or is it a really big pain? I have already installed the transmission and have been driving around with no speedo, but this has caused the computer to throw a light.

The reason for this was due to breaking my transmission while at the track and I needed a replacement fast as I can not miss work, I got a deal on this used transmission, I am planning on using this one temporary until I can save and rebuild my T-45 or upgrade to a TKO.

• Sponsors (?)

the main question I have is about the speed sensor, how do I go about using the gear driven sensor rather that the electronic one, is it as simple as just pluggin in the sensor, or is it a really big pain? I have already installed the transmission and have been driving around with no speedo, but this has caused the computer to throw a light.

The reason for this was due to breaking my transmission while at the track and I needed a replacement fast as I can not miss work, I got a deal on this used transmission, I am planning on using this one temporary until I can save and rebuild my T-45 or upgrade to a TKO.

I'm confused. I put a GT T-45 tranny in my 97 4V and I'll drive 70mph while my speedo shows 80 MPH. There were different colered speedo's when we removed the tail section, but I was too lazy to change it...

Hope that helps.

they might have the same plugs i think but the computer reads the output different. to fix it right you need to pull the tailshaft housing off both and and swap the 97 gear driven parts to the 00s pickup parts. if you dont do something soon your a.b.s system will not work properly

okay dallas mustangs makes an adapter version of their speedcal, I just had to do a little googletime. And as far as ABS, my car doesn't have it since the controller went bad and I see no need to pay $450 to get a replacement. The only problem seems to be idle quality.