97' z28 convert manual vs my gt...Do i stand a chance?

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
my buddy is now getting a 97 z28, i believe the old body style....LT1 motor i believe, he is talking **** about my car and how hes gonna own it, what do these things pack for a hit? , anyhow, what is the 1/4 mile times, hp ect? vs my poor old gt? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

as you stand right now I dont think you have quite enough to take him. All depending on his driving ability though. The 97 is the LT1 Motor and there rated at about 275 HP. You prob going to need some more Power Mods in order to catch him. Intake Pullies, bigger mass air, all that stuff. If you really want to spank him then do the Heads, cam, and Intake if you can. Good thing you talked him out of getting the LS1 b/c then you would have a real prob on your hands b/c he could talk crap about your car and back it up. LS1's are Nasty.

With Gears and a catback i went 14.3 u have the H which should help if his car is stock i think it should be a closer race. Get an intake manifold and then you will definatly work him. I work most LT1s i race.

lol NICE!! thats sounds better than i thought it would, i thought it would Own me, however, basically what you guys are saying is that an intake(to replace the t-bird stocker) and ill be able to hang??!! w00t . Damn im glad i talked em outt the 98+ cause there rated at like310 hp! whell, he dont even have the car yet and he saying **** like 275hp vs ur puny 215 HAHA, lol well see

well sadly you are only around 220hp maybe a few more with just what you have. you are very short of the power he makes. i personally think you need a full bolt-on car to completely take one. now once you start dipping into heads, thats your race but you gotta start to build your car with "smart" mods first.