98 cobra cluster in a 98GT? PLEASE HELP!!!

98MACH1R

I wanna put it in so bad, please help.
Jun 6, 2005
if i put a 98 Cobra cluster in my 98GT will it go in with no trouble or will it read my MPH way off or something please help i would really like to know this because i wanna put it in so bad please help

• Sponsors (?)

uhm besided your odometer lieing cuz ur using a different one it should still work condidering it doesnt effect the VSS connector that plugs into the back of your tranny, since the new cobra cluster hooked up to that relay then you whould then get the same speed read out i assume

id say no, what your cluster hooks up to for your rpm speedo and heat/oil levels/pressure arn't going to be changes just the display. But im not an expert i just know all the lines leading from the cluster and know what they are reading so if they are still all there and it's a direct hook up then if should be all the same. never heard it done b4 tho

I did it.

You will have no problems. There are two circuit boards on the back side of your stock cluster, take those out. Swap those into the rear of the Cobra cluster and you will get the exact readout of your car. I have had no problems at all. I also have friend who did this and he has had no problems either. It will be much nicer to read at night as an added bonus.:nice: