98 Cobra help! !

Venom1

Jan 22, 2004
Clinton Twp MI
Hey everyone, alright here's the deal. . .shortly after I bought my 98 cobra the throwout bearing soudned like it was bad in the trans, it would whine, when you push the clutch it, and eventually when ur foot was off the clutch it would knock a little bit, found a kid that said he'd do the trans work for 500 bucks, so we did a ford racing clutch, had the flywheel resurfaced, and the new throwout bearing and put it all back together right. . . then the clutch cable snapped a few days after the trans was back up, put an adjustable cable up, and a new quadrant cuz i managed to crack that, so now its polyeurathane. . . anyway, a few days after trans was back up and workin, when my foot was off the clutch there would be a knocking noise coming from the trans and when u were in gear there was a faint like high pitch squeaking noise. . .frustrated that i dished out 500 to this kid i asked him to redo it and hes lik oh my moms mustang does that blahbalhba, anyway he takes the trans back out and we find out theres a spline that keeps the fork from wobbling around inside the trans and keeps the TB in line or whatever. . . .that was cut completely off clean and he didnt see it when it was out the first time, so we put that in and it was fine for a while. . . . FOR A WHILE, keyword here. . . . a little while after that it would make a clunk noise, like when ur taking off from a light as u let off the clutch, between shifting gears, like a LOUD clunk which u hear from outside and inside, i put new trans mounts in to be safe but that didnt help at all, i thought maybe it might be U joints which I'm checking today but who knows. . . . and I think the trans has to come back out again because there is a highpitch whining noise when ur in gear, sounds like throwout bearing again, and that clunkings getting worse and worse, almost sounds like its coming from the rear end but i had a rear end shop check it out and they said it wasnt the Rear end. . . also when ur foots OFF the clutch, theres a knocking noise and sounds like somethings floppin around in there it makes a whining noise too sorta. . . ANY IDEAS what my problem is or am I just jinxed with cars?

Input appreciated - Jon

• Sponsors (?)