'98 cobra vs. '95 gt vs. '93 gt

Michael Yount said:
5 spd - I think the difference might be less than you think. I've seen a couple of nat. aspirated 4 vlv. Cobras in these parts with exhaust systems dyno in the 275HP/270 torque range; the fox is at 235/285. However, the Cobra's spotting the Fox 300-400 lbs. I pick the Cobra too, but I think it will come from behind on top to do it - and I think it will be close (for all 3 in fact).

Yeah those dyno numbers are right on par from what I have seen...I got a couple friends with them (both mystics). :nice:

The weight difference isn't that great.

By the way last night we weighed a 00 Gt (fully loaded with mach 460/leather/half tank of gas/etc....and 17x9 chrome cobra r's/hood scoop/blah blah.) and it weighed 3337. I guessed it would be 3,340lbs. I was pretty close. :p

My car weighed 3180lbs. Lx hatchback and not a GT (foglight assembly/elongated bumpers). I know the 96-98 Cobra's don't weigh much more than 3,400lbs...so the 300-400lb weight difference isn't that...

Oh we weighed a bone stock 94 gt (16in. wheels) 5spd/not loaded for a 94gt...and it was 3,380lbs with close to a full tank of gas. Just some FYI's. These newer ones are just as light if not lighter...from what I seen. My old 2000 GT weighed 3,30xlbs IIRC. I didn't have the mach 460 or leather...

Oh and we did a street start of the bone stock 94 gt and a bone stock 98 gt and the 98 gt won by 1.5 cars to 70mph. Even start...and the 94 gt driver drove a bit better but the 98's gear ratio and a bit more power pulled it...this was from 2,000 rpm. Yeah those 4.6L's with 3:27's don't have any torque. The pull started immediately.

Michael, this wasn't all directed at you...but I just thought I would post some findings from last night...I knew I didn't make that stuff up...

I raced the 2000 GT in my car...I pulled him hard :nice: ...as he knew and I knew.

Anyways...well the weight difference isn't that great...

The fox will finish last.

• Sponsors (?)