98 explorer 5.0 in 92 coupe

Stevejr

Dec 17, 2008
Humboldt Tn
Explorer 5.0 In 92 coupe
My question is. How difficult is it to put heads and intake of of 98 explorer on a 92 coupe. I recently got a set and would like to put them on my 92 SSP coupe. The motor has been set back approximately 2" due to tubular k member. Also should I use the injectors and throttle body? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

it's not difficult.

just keep in mind that that intake won't have egr, and the heads have no air pump bypass hookups in the back. you can pass smog without that, but you won't pass smog without egr.

It's as simple as a straight up head and intake swap. they bolt right on. You'll have spark plug clearance issues, as the plugs are at different angles.

most run 90 degree boots and are ok, but I'd suggest the ford racing headers, they're designed to work with the gt40p heads...

you'll need to drill the intake for the act sensor if it has a boss. If it does, it'll be on the right back. If it doesn't, extend the act line and put it in your airbox.

the stock 19# fox injectors are plenty, if the explorer intake has the injectors on it, those are 19 pounders too, use them, they have a better spray pattern

the explorer t/b is a 65mm...ideal for that engine...
you can use it, but the throttle linkage has to be modified. do a search on that.

you can't use the elbow..buy an aftermarket 65mm spacer for the t/b

Explorer 5.0 In 92 coupe
My question is. How difficult is it to put heads and intake of of 98 explorer on a 92 coupe. I recently got a set and would like to put them on my 92 SSP coupe. The motor has been set back approximately 2" due to tubular k member. Also should I use the injectors and throttle body? Thanks

injectors yes due to the spray pattern is better-

k-member- check drive shaft

heads- gt40 or 40p's