98 GT bolt ons

Outlaw97GT said:
1. Most 99+ have a solid color dash, 96-98 most have Black dash pads and the rest is the same color as the interior. And as for the defrost cover, I said 80% of the 99+ cars I have seen it is warped.

2. If you would have read my post, I said PI cams and intake for $400.00, I didnt say anything about the headswap.

3. If your gonna TRY and diss somebody, at least read the whole post...:nice:

I wasn't trying to "dis" you, so please dont act like an ass. I was merely making sure he got all the facts before he jumped into something. And i thougth you meant the 99+ stangs only defrosted 80% (like 80% of the windows), didn't read that as: 80% of the 99+ stangs you've driven. So my apologies.

And if you're going to do "the pi swap" it really should be completed with heads, cams, intake. Not just that PI intake + gasket sealer mod. PERSONALLY though, if I were to do a "pi" swap, i'd just get aftermarket heads and cams for a little more.

Bottom line, if body style isn't a concern, get a 99+

• Sponsors (?)

UDTBadkarma said:
PERSONALLY though, if I were to do a "pi" swap, i'd just get aftermarket heads and cams for a little more.
....better make that for a lot more chief. Aftermarket heads and cams are going to run you about $2,500....and that's not taking into consideration labor. Not worth it IMO.

Gearbanger 101 said:
....better make that for a lot more chief. Aftermarket heads and cams are going to run you about $2,500....and that's not taking into consideration labor. Not worth it IMO.

Yeah well new pi heads, cam intake are like $1,300 + labor. So me personally i'd rather have some Stage II P&P heads for $2,500 and spend that extra cash for lots more hp. Not to mention i'd be installing it myself. So like i said, thats just me though.

UDTBadkarma said:
Yeah well new pi heads, cam intake are like $1,300 + labor. So me personally i'd rather have some Stage II P&P heads for $2,500 and spend that extra cash for lots more hp. Not to mention i'd be installing it myself. So like i said, thats just me though.
Well, PI heads can be had for about $400 a piece with PI cams and a PI intake can be had for about $140. So you're about $350 high on your price estimate. Either way, you stated aftermarket heads, which are not PnP PI castings. Aftermarket heads and aftermarket cams would consist of the FRPP units and one of the popular cams sets, which would run you the $2,500 I quoted above....and that's without an intake. Like I said, not worth the bread IMO.

Modified PI castings was actually the direction I was going to suggest as well and can be had for as little as $900 (+$300 core). Add $550 for cams and you're clocking in at about $1,750. Still way, way below the cost of a set of FRPP and better flowing to boot.

UDTBadkarma said:
...The only thing that looks better (interior wise) on the 96-98 stangs is the Black interiors on 96-98 GTs is actually black...not dark charcoal like the 99+ models.

Funny thing is... a couple years back a guy rear ended me and blew out my rear interior panels... After the insurance company paid for the shop to fix it and I picked it up, the first moment I was in the sun, with the top down, before I left the lot I noticed they had put in a charcoal panel along with a black one. At first the moron tried to pretend he couldn't tell the difference...

THIS... is black....

DashMustangSignature800.jpg

LightbarandSignature800.jpg

Attachments

• DashMustangSignature800.jpg
    DashMustangSignature800.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 41
  • LightbarandSignature800.jpg
    LightbarandSignature800.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 35