98 Gt Front End Damage. Help.

Neilio95

Jul 30, 2015
Ok so i just bought this 98 gt 4.6l convertible knowing it would take work.. But idk much about body but does this frame need to be straightened at a shop or can i just put a new radiator support on and start there?

Attachments

• IMG_20150730_192209.jpg
    IMG_20150730_192209.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20150730_192327.jpg
    IMG_20150730_192327.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Sponsors (?)

My advice. Don't invest a TON of sweat equity into this project until you KNOW that the basic frame is straight.

IF the frame is bent, there will never be a better time to have it straightened.

IF it can't be straightened, there will never be a better time to walk away from the project (or use parts for a different project).

Trying to make a car work with a bent frame is like building a house on shifting sands.

I don't have pictures but I just did my sons 96 v6 Mustang. Most things looked fine on the outside but I wanted to change the front fenders and plastic support in the front that holds the headlights. When I took off the fenders I pulled out almost two and a half inches of shims. So I went to the local you pick yard , use the sawzall to cut out inner fender aprons and I bought a new radiator support. I spent the next four and a half hours drilling out spot welds on both sides when I was done I put the car up on jack stands rate tack weld at everything made sure all measurements were the same and put it all back together with new fenders once you cut out the fender aprons there's not much left to try and straighten out the frame rails all in all I have two days into it if you're decent and you have a few good tools it's a project you might enjoy doing but when you're done it's all worth it