98 gt + full throttle = coolant leak?

posting this for a buddy who has a 98gt, he went to the track and took 1 run then popped the hood and there was coolant everywhere on the top of the engine. it looks like its def. involved with the upper/lower intake, maybe its cracked? is that normal? recall? any thoughts would help us out a lot, hes stressin over this big time.
btw: he cleaned it up turned it back on and it was normal...drove it home 45min. away and the problem didnt come back(he was driving it below 3k rpms) later that night we took it for a tear shifted high in 1st and 2nd- popped the hood and the problem was back :bang:
any help is appreciated :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the intale is cracked alright.
The not quite recall does not apply to the 98 year model.
A Get a PI intake and search around Corral for what is needed to do the swap several people have performed the swap and all are happy.

Dwayne

Happened to me in my 98, and my friend in his 98, and my other friend in his 98. We all swapped to the PI intake.
46GTSBlown is right. The recall is only for the 96 and 97s even though the 98s were left with the same problem. Intake is like 238 from the dealer and it comes with gaskets and such. Dont forget new thermostat while youre at it.

The PI intake is the intake from a 99 and up Mustang GT. It flows much better than the early intakes and is good for a 10 hp gain.
Many have swapped to this intake, I have not because I have a SVO suercharger.
Use the search function to find what is needed to perform the swap.
From what I understand it is straight forward.

Dwayne