98 GT questions...

tx2000gt

May 27, 2005
What all would be needed to be done to make it a PI motor? I'd planned on upgrading the cams and heads anyways, so I'll just do that through VT with their stage 3 blower cams, since a KB will be added later on down the line, along with their stage 2 ported PI heads.

My other question, is what intake would I need to get until the KB? I don't want to go get the Foxlake one if I'm only going to be upgrading to a blower soon after, so what intake is recommended for the PI upgrade, considering what else I'd be doing at the same time?

• Sponsors (?)

i believe most of the sn95 users were keeping the nPI heads and using PI or similar cams when using a blower or s/c.

i think it was due to the high compression combined with high boost.

your best bet is to ask some npi guys over at sn95forums.com

A PI motor is basically the heads/cam and upper intake. If you swap the heads you have to swap the intake also. As smasher said the headswap ups the compression so if you want to boost just stick with a cam swap. Depending how far into the future you'll be supercharging you can buy a PI intake for around 250 with all of the swap over parts included.

Yea, trust me, if you do things right, the damn 2v is some kind of a beast.. I really wish that i would have thought more to the furture insead of the cheap here and now.. lol :notnice:

But if your takin the motor out, do things right.. just take your time and maybe think about pickin up a 2nd motor and slowly building it right, and everything that you want on it goes to the motor out of the car so you can still drive it and its not sitting for a long time.. If you have the space/time/money/mechnical know how/ things like that.. then build your self a crazy motor.. :nice: :nice: