98 Gt...yes I Know.... Mods?!

droptopponynj said:
start with a pi swap and some gears

:stupid:

You can get a new PI intake, Heads and Cams for cheap on e-bay, or anyone selling theirs off a 99+ GT. www.parkwayfordga.com has a complete set for sale, for about $1300 (it can be found cheaper, but its COMPLETE). You have to go to their page, then PARTS, then click on the link in the middle of the page that says "click here for performance parts". I just went there and their page is still underconstruction. But just thought i'd help ya out. You could also try Randy over at Modular Depot. Make a post here: http://forums.modulardepot.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21 to get in touch with Randy.

At the LEAST i would recommend a new PI Intake manifold. Because hte 96-98 GT manifolds are plastic and known to break. Plus an intake can be had for $100-150 and alone will net you 15hp. You just need to install it with some RTV sealant I believe.

• Sponsors (?)

LI98GTStang said:
Not that high actually, but still worth it to go PI. Factory specs put the '98s at 225 hp stock and stock typically dyno at the wheels ~195 bone stock. For stangs with PIs (99+) are rated at 260 hp stock and typically dyno in the neighborhood of 230rwhp. RWHP difference of ~35rwhp. Putting a PI head on an an engine will add approx. additional 10rwhp because of the compression increase, which will put you at approx. 240rwhp. Nice gains to be had.

Why only compare numbers at peak? Lets compare numbers after 5k for PI and NPI, or anywhere else in the band for that matter.