98 V6 question.

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 98v6lover, Oct 5, 2010.

1. 98v6lover

98v6lover New Member

I have a 98 V6 and im considering putting a BBK throttle body and cold air intake on. I was planning on going through americanmuscle.com to purchase them both, but my question is: is a bbk CAI necessary or does the cheaper version work just as well... I am on a budget which is my only problem. i hear alot of people say they bought a BBK throttle body and BBK cold air intake. I am new to this, so any advice on this subject is appreciated, i am always eager to learn. I included the links below so you have an idea of what i am taking about. I guess a sumary is, can i get away with buying the cheaper one, or is the BBK really that much better that i should pay extra?
    Thanks!!

American Muscles Brand CAI

BBK CAI
  2. robb15033

robb15033 Member

The BBK Throttle Body is for matching up ported upper and lower intakes. Not needd for stock or naturally aspirated motors.
    Your goal and money spent should be on a CAI, a VAP intake spacer, and a catback or true dual exhaust. All three working together pulling air in and then exhausting it out.
    Once this is accomplished with maybe some other minor bolt-ons will set you up to get your SCT tuner and Ford 3.73 or 4.10 gears depending on your transmission.
    FYI: When it comes to any bolt on modification no matter what it is, people will try to tell you that its not worth it. Believe me when I say that it all adds up. I have the car to back up that statement.
    Good luck with the car and have fun with it.
  3. robb15033

robb15033 Member

The BBK Throttle Body is for matching up ported upper and lower intakes. Not needd for stock or naturally aspirated motors.
    Your goal and money spent should be on a CAI, a VAP intake spacer, and a catback or true dual exhaust. All three working together pulling air in and then exhausting it out.
    Once this is accomplished with maybe some other minor bolt-ons will set you up to get your SCT tuner and Ford 3.73 or 4.10 gears depending on your transmission.
    FYI: When it comes to any bolt on modification no matter what it is, people will try to tell you that its not worth it. Believe me when I say that it all adds up. I have the car to back up that statement.
    Good luck with the car and have fun with it.