98GT pullies on a '99GT!?!?

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
Houston
Hey guys, 98RioRedGT sent me his MAC pullies off of his 1998 GT. I looked at them and they seem right, but i wanna know for sure that they will fit on my 1999 GT?? Anyone on here know? and im getting a new belt to put on too, so im guessing i should get the stock size, right?

-I went to a local shop and they tried to charge me 142.50 to install the pullies, said it was about 2 hours of labor. :mad: There is no way i would pay that much, some of you guys were saying that it should only cost about 50-60 bucks, am i wrong?

• Sponsors (?)

HoustonGT said:
Hey guys, 98RioRedGT sent me his MAC pullies off of his 1998 GT. I looked at them and they seem right, but i wanna know for sure that they will fit on my 1999 GT?? Anyone on here know? and im getting a new belt to put on too, so im guessing i should get the stock size, right?

-I went to a local shop and they tried to charge me 142.50 to install the pullies, said it was about 2 hours of labor. :mad: There is no way i would pay that much, some of you guys were saying that it should only cost about 50-60 bucks, am i wrong?

From my understanding the pullies should be fine. Ford changed the design of the water pump in mid 2001, so you're straight there.

I have no idea how much install should be but 142 bucks sounds like a lot IMO. I definitely wouldn't pay more than $100. If you have the right tools, you and a buddy can do it in the driveway.

Houston, I did also check that the pullies will work. Like the post above says the change came in mid 2001. So your safe there. The install for me was only about $100 for all three pullies. Yes buy a stock size replacement belt. Good luck with the install, you won't be disapointed with the results.

ok, guys thanks alot for the help. Ya i figured that 142 was too much, i was hoping for around 75, but i guess ill save up a 100 and then do it. Thanks Alot for the pullies 98GtRioRed.

Considering the shop rate where you asked might be around 70 an hour, 140 total is right. The problem I see is the 2 hr part, it should in no way take them that long. Find a shop that would do it in about an hour and a half tops, then you are lookin at about 100 bucks.

well, thats mainly what i didnt get either. I was pretty sure it would only take 1-1.5 hours tops, but they said 2. I could freakin do it in two with no experience, theyre professionals with airtools and crap, i say 1 hour.