98gt Vs. 99gt

85MustGT

Founding Member
Nov 8, 2001
Occupied San Diego
My neighbor has a 99 GT vert with a 5 speed and 3:27 gears. His car has always been faster than my 98 GT 5 speed 2:73 gears.
Last week I had 4:10s installed, do I got a chance? I know his car has more HP, but I have more gear now?

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

make it a short one :D the pi heads will take over in the long run. 1/8th mi you should get him, 1/4mi you might get whupped :nice:

of course if there are more mods on either of you cars than you told us, that would make a difference too

You're not putting any more power to the wheels then before (and may in fact be putting a little less now.) Your car will feel more responsive and will feel like it's hitting harder but there's also less terminal velocity at each RPM point. Basically, the gears will get you out of the hole quicker than before and you may do better in the very early going of a race but your 1/4-mile time is still power-limited.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

out of curiosity, how much did he :owned: you by before the gears????? if it wasn't by much, & he can't drive well & you can, you might be waving at him on the way by. but thats if you can learn to launch on the new gears, without lighting the tires up. they can be tricky when your not used to them :D

Volldamort said:
You will get :owned:

:nice:

Agreed. Especially since the gears are new and you more than likely don't have enough practice and a handle on them. 25hp is a lot to overcome even with the extra weight of the vert. But good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm rootin' for ya.