99-04 guys with u/d pulleys: Would you do it again?

• Sponsors (?)

I run March piggy back style, so I can keep the superior dampening abilitys of the stocker...Steeda, March, ect ALL have smaller dampeners when using a non piggy back style, and they do not function as well. HOWEVER if you MUST pay more, get steeda hands down over anyone else.

But I personally reccomend the March piggy back style....SUPER easy it install and iv never had a problem with anything.

And no, I dont regret the mod at all. But doing it all over again (taken literly) would kill my spirits....I dont think I would touch the car for a LONG time lol. Man that would suck SO bad hahaha.

no problems with dim lights, batteries not charging, etc? I always thought the negatives out weigh the good, but maybe not.

and I always heard the opposite of what cody said: to go with a non-piggyback setup. what he said makes sense, but I just read different.

I have Steeda pulleys and am very pleased with the performance gain and the quality:nice: I got the newest edition of MM&FF with the DVD, anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyhow, on a new 3v mustang they picked up 8 rwhp with BBK's new pulleys with the built in balancer (similiar to steeda). And as a comparison they only picked up 10 rwhp with headers, x-pipe with high flow cats, and cat-back exhaust. Now granted the newer cars have 2.5" exhaust from the factory, but I am just trying to illustrate the bang for the buck:nice:

I have the Steeda pullies, and although I still only get 14mpg, I'd do it again. It was worth the 179 bucks just to get rid of the ugly ass brown harmonic balancer.

I've read lots of complaints from people using piggy back style pullies about them breaking. I would never use these.

Steeda's from the classifieds for $100. Yes I would do it again. I think the car reved faster. Didn't notice much else. Mine will be coming off hopefully by next month when the KB goes on so keep your eyes on the classifieds. :) Along with a Accufab 75mm Tb & Plenum and K&N FIPK.