99+ Cars with 4 cylinder FOX springs up front

Highroller

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
Vegas
I'm buying a set of 4 cylinder springs for my front to loosen up my suspension. How many coils if any did you guys cut to make it look right. My car is lowered 1.5 inches right now. Ultimately I want to swap my front H&R's out to a softer coil, and still have it sit relatively the same...

I know the 4 cylinder springs are a softer spring so it should sit lower just because my v8 weighs more but.. Does anyone know how much of a drop will occur when I just swap to a 4 cylinder FOX body spring

Should I cut a coil? What do you guys think would be perfect, Seeing alot of guys run the springs up front!!

• Sponsors (?)

Try it uncut first. If you do not like the stance then take them back out and cut them. You can always lower it,but will not be easy to raise it! I would like to get a set for my car soon. I pulled the sway bar last week and cant wait to see how it jerks up with the springs

What do you recommend in the back...

the H&R's that I bought are just to stiff, I want soft, that will transfer the weight..

What about cutting a coil out of the stock ones? or is there a good soft coil that is made that drops the car about 1.5 inches?

i have a pair of fox 4 cyl springs for sale. pm me if youre interested.

as far as cutting them. 90% of the people who run 4cyl springs up front cut them a coil. it wont hurt them at all. and without cutting them you probaly wont get over 1" drop.

cutting a coil off the stock rear springs is also what alot of drag racers do. or swap to fox v8 rears which are a bit shorter than our rears and will lower it a lil. :nice: