99 Cobra vs SRT4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

GET some gears and the story will be different. 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s, 4.10s

Good thread. There are two at the track that i have ran. All the import guys talk about one like it is awsome. They say he has put alot of bolt ons on it. Its prbably just a stock stage two. either way, i havent lost yet to either of them, and usualy win by .4 or so. I may be wrong, but i dont think you will have a problem at the track. dont know about from a roll. Go with the KB then see LOL

check it out bro...you have an IRS...bone stock a good driver can get a '99 cobra into the 13.5 range...with your mods you might be looking at the 13.3-13.4 range, if you're a good driver...your springs do not help out at all...unless you have adj struts and shocks...

those stage 2 neons are quick out of the box

you will have a heck of a drag race on your hands if both of you are equal drivers...

I'm thinking whoever screws up the launch, or misses a shift, loses

Pitch Black said:
But he doesn't have a Stg. 2 :shrug:
or does he? :shrug: The thread starter is confusing.

5literstang said:
ok this kid wants to run me, i'm not sure what he has done but something about mopar stage 2 or something like that. he was talking about doin some stage 2 turbo over the winter but as of now his car is basically stock. i have a x pipe with cats, catback, short throw, springs, and cold air. so what will the outcome be? thank -Jeff

DBMSTNG said:
if he's still basically stock like he says, you will beat him easily from a stop and take him from a roll. stage 1 you should take him from a stop and it would be close from a roll depending on where in the powerband each car is. stage 2, he'd win from a roll. a stop would depend on his launch.

Agreed. And 4.10s or 4.30s would really wake up the Cobra.

Since he aint a good driver I wouldn't worry to much about it. You should be able to take him.

A good driver and it can be trobule. Good drivers with stg1 are about 13.3 with stg2 they are in the 12.8 range.

There are more and more that with exhaust, map clamp, and boost controller are now hitting the 270+whp mark and hitting 12's on stock rubber.

But your cobra should have this guy. Spcially from a dig. Let us know how it all turns out.

O and I agree that sadly the srt owners that are noticable are cocky. But I think that is cause they are the ones drawing attention to themselves cause they think that (and are somewhat right) in the compact world they are mostly top dog. The rest of us love our car and know it's place in the overall food chain of motorsports.

I take that back...you won't beat a stage I...I raced one tonight and he beat me by a car length and a-half almost...they are quick little ****s...I actually kind of like them.

cheap too at that for half the price of a mustang...used....I seen a couple on ebay reserve set for 5-7grand...with only 12-15k miles on them. MSRP they are 21k...so they must not sell good after they've been used.

and the Stage 3 isn't released yet...but the stage 2 upgrade is 1,000 bucks...and puts you at like 280hp...and the stage 3 they are coming out with if u run on high octane fuel with this thing called turbo toys....from mopar.com it will set you up at 350hp to the ground...thats outrageous. When will ford make something that has so much power for so cheap? I think they'd look pretty nice too without that big wing....and some chrome rims + lowered a little.

I run around with a bunch of guys driving WRX's and SRT-4's, suprisingly enough they are the only true gearheads I have found around here. Now, the SRT-4 only beat my turd by a car lenth before my PI intake/cams swap. I usually destroy him on the launch and when his boost kicks in he catches up about the same time I pull into my powerband, so it's getting closer and closer between us. I raced a stage-2 running 23/21 psi and again got him bad on the launch and he cruised by pretty effortlessly.. Now I feel better after beating the crap of my one buddies WRXs(especially when I beat an AWD of the line..bad...). However my other friend has a WRX that runs consistant 13.4's and he pwns me everytime...lol
oh and TrevX umm, maybe you didn't get the memo... his COBRA has a better chance than your GT probably due to the fact that his COBRA has 60 more HP from the factory than your GT....

just put on a set of 4.10's. You will need them for is he can drive his front wheel drive right he will get the whole shot on you. 4.10 gears will allow you to stay with him and your horse power should keep you up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.