99 GT Intake Manifold questions!?

My stock horrible intake is my next suspect in my quest to stop my slight coolant leak/ burn. I'm taking the car to a family friend who owns a shop tomorrow to get it looked at. Regardless of whether its the culprit or not, i've decided I wanna get rid of the plastic P.O.S.
My question is, how much better is the $600+ Typhoon intake, over the Ford Racing Performance Improvement intake ($189)?
The Typhoon is all aluminum, and the Ford Racing one seems to be mostly plastic. Ive also read about them cracking like the stock one.
My main goal for the time being is to make my car reliable and really solid, so I can make it a monster in a few years. Would the aluminum intake be something I should spring for? Or should I just go with the FRPP intake?
The cost is the main issue, otherwise I would get the aluminum one, no question.
Thanks for the input in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't understand why if cost is the primary concern that you are considering anything other than stock. The plastic intake DOES offer a number of advantages including reduced weight, reduced cost, reduced air charge heating for starters.

IMO, the best reason to use an all aluminum intake is NOS.

I know that there are many out there that won't like this, but in many cases, when the re-designed Ford PI intake fails it is due to incorrect installation. It's important that the torque specifications be followed.

The other thing that reduces the service life of the plastic intake is low coolant levels and over heating.

Reactions: 1 user
The typhoon intake will be a waste of money...we recently installed one on a trickflow head/and tricklow cammed 02 gt...dyno numbers were the exact same after the install... the guy was pretty upset afterwards

Think I may be in love with this.
act.jpg

lk.jpg