'99 GT vs. 04 STi

joshjwc9

Jun 12, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Ok, my buddy and I are out driving to his new apartment last nite. and somehow my car hung with him....Remember my car is stock besides Flowmaster catback and a CAI. His car has turbo manifold back exhaust too.

So also in considering that I am a much better driver than him:D and his clutch is slippin...how is he able to not pull by more than a length after we start from a 30 roll?

I have driven his car and been very impressed with it. I was the last to drive it on stock exhaust and the first :) to drive it on the aftermarket stuff. But now that I have seen it side by side I was shocked...

Anyone else see something wrong here too???

• Sponsors (?)

The clutch slipping is a common issue on the 04-05 STI's
if you beat on them long enough or abuse them.I have did enough clutch
swaps to know lol.Either your friend is a bad driver or he can't use
his clutch to it's full potential if it is slipping because you should get
walked pretty easy even with bolton's.If your friend keeps beating
on his 04 STI like that he will not be able to race anyone because
his expensive transmission will be toast in a matter of time. :rlaugh:
"cough" Install a new clutch "cough"

wow thats impressive but im sure a slipping clutch killed him lol. I raced an 04 sti from a 5 roll both of us were stock i was teh better driver because i later became friends with teh kid but he only pulled a car length on my once we hit 3rd and that was it. But then he added a turbo back and killed me and i never got a chance to race him again with my gears or exhaust work.

a stock STi traps between 100-104mph. not a whole lot faster than a stock 99-04 GT. and most of the ownage over a GT occurs on the launch. so if his clutch is slipping, i would expect him to only slightly walk a 99-04 GT from a roll. plus, if i remember correctly, the STi's don't gain a whole lot of power from mods unless the computer is adjusted for them. kinda like he 05+ GT's.

a stock STi traps between 100-104mph. not a whole lot faster than a stock 99-04 GT. and most of the ownage over a GT occurs on the launch. so if his clutch is slipping, i would expect him to only slightly walk a 99-04 GT from a roll. plus, if i remember correctly, the STi's don't gain a whole lot of power from mods unless the computer is adjusted for them. kinda like he 05+ GT's.
True they do trap around in that area in the 1/4 mile.
With a excellent driver low 13's are possible bone stock.
If you are going to mod your Subaru a decent map is
a MUST.

i should get a race between my GT and my neighbors 04 STi on tape next spring. he's got Prodrive stg2, cold air kit, blow off valve and he's adding more parts to it. i'll have 3.73's installed. as long as i get traction, i'll murder him. :D