99 model year?

DRKSD

Nov 29, 1999
Iowa
Looking at a GT right now, 99 with 65000 miles, one owner, bought from the dealership, then traded up for an 07 last month... They're asking 9995 for it... Its a fairly decent price I think, all things considered, but Is there anything about the 99 model year I should be concerned about?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1999 Mustang GT "Limited Edition" and also at just 65,000 miles its still like almost new. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $10,000 because its the "Limited" model. If this GT is nice enough even if its a standard GT, I'd offer $8500 to start. If its really nice of course.

Thats not too high if it's in primo condition, leather seats is a must, you might
even ask for new tires, floor mats, freash radiator flush etc to sweeten the deal
When my 99 got totaled last May the insurance company wrote me a check
for $9600. and the car had 110k on it. But it sure wont hurt to lowball.
They might call you back a few days later and say OK.
I have an 04 now and the only difference is traction control, hood scoop, side scoops, slightly different interior cosmetics, otherwise its just like a clone of the 99.

I have a 1999 Mustang GT "Limited Edition" and also at just 65,000 miles its still like almost new. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $10,000 because its the "Limited" model. If this GT is nice enough even if its a standard GT, I'd offer $8500 to start. If its really nice of course.

What makes the '99 GT Limited Edition so special? Differences from regular GT please.

When buying a used car ALWAYS ask for a new set of tires. Even if it has new tires ask for better ones. Dealers get tires cheap, it is nothing for them to buy some for you.

It sounds like you need to do some tough negotiating to get a good deal here. I get the feeling your biggest hurdle to overcome is that you are already sold on the car. That is a huge problem and usually queers the deal.

What makes the '99 GT Limited Edition so special? Differences from regular GT please.

For the most part, it has stuff that, in subsequent model years, became standard and common on the GT's. So, I guess what makes it special is that it had them first, but that doesn't make it any better.

Sure, the 35th "Limited" was not any better than any other GT from the factory except in the looks catagory. See, back in 1999 I was forced to trade my 94 GT and my 96 Explorer XLT V-8 in on one vehicle due to my divorce. I was going to get a white or silver GT standard. This was late September and the 00's hadn't come in yet and the only remaining GT on the lot to buy was my "Limited". I had heard of the "Limited" but it was more expensive than I could afford. $2600 over a regular GT.
However, the car was stunning and looked more upscale next to any standard GT and the dealer was really wanting to move it, since the 2000's were coming in soon. They knocked off the $2600 option and $500 more for "owner loyalty". So, I picked up a better looking GT for the price of a regular GT.

Even into 2004, people would still ask me if it was brand new.