99 Mustang V6 Problems Please Help!

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by TheStangMan, May 8, 2013.

1. TheStangMan

TheStangMan New Member

Hey guys im am having quite a bit of trouble with my mustang right now and i cant for sure place what is wrong. First of all the car does have a full exhaust and a cold air intake. That about the only major mods it has.
    My Problems:
    My Cooling fan will not turn on and im pretty sure its not my temperature sending unit because my gauge works fine- I am now thinking that it is the CCRM but im not sure how to make sure.
    Next thing sometimes when i turn my car off for like 10 to 15 minutes it will idle really rough like almost stall out and does the same if i put it in gear. This is only if i leave it off for that time frame it seems and its not always. When my car is doing this and i turn my defrost on it gets a lot worse too so idk what to do
    Another thing is my fuse for my service engine lights and overdrive light blows everytime i put a new one in.

Im not sure if any of these things are related but it seems like i am having some electrical problems. I need help does any one know what all this could mean??
  2. g96v6-250k

g96v6-250k Member

unplug the engine coolant temp sensor "has 2 wires" for a second to see if it comes on. it is not the same sensor as the temp sender that runs the dash temp guage. the engine has 2 coolant temp sensors.
  3. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

First thing i'd do is figure out why you are popping that fuse.