99 Vortech V2 Gt Problems.

99BlownGT

Apr 2, 2014
Well where do I start. I just had my motor rebuilt due to a busted piston, bored 0.30, forged rods and pistons. After install it had a really rough idle so I threw my SCT programer on it and retuned it back to the tune it was running before rebuild. It ran fine a little hesitant but I figured it was because of the fresh build the motor being real tight.
Well day by day its getting worse, I only have 100 miles on the motor, It seems like its starving for air or fuel I dont know which. At a Idle it goes between 740 rpms and 810, I have a digital tac.
When you give it about 30% throttle it hesitates then I feel it get its power, but cruising at a solid speed, if i let off the gas it give it gas again to maintain its speed it seems like its choking. I have checked for vacum leaks i cant find any, I have a exhaust leak on my headers just need to tighten it, dont think that would be cause it to run like it is tho.
I have duel cobra fuel pumps, 42lb injectors, its intercooled, and tons of other mods. Any advice would be great guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Engine and Suspension
- vortech sq s/c at 10psi. with procharger a-a intercooler tuned and built at psi motorsports
- twin 2003-2004 cobra fuel pump and 45# fuel injectors
- QA1 tubular front end (k-member, control arms etc etc)
- BBK Longtube ceramic coated headers
- BBK offroad H pipe with Mac mufflers and SLP rolled 3.5" tips
- accel performance coils
- 75mm Throttle body and plenum
- 2003-2004 cobra 13" brakes with stainless steel braided brake lines (brakes hard enough to make you poo your pants)
- Maximum motorsports lower control arms
- Maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors
- poly eurethane engine mounts, steering rack bushings and sway bar bushings
- Motive 3.73 gears
- Blue oval industries strut tower brace
- Steeda battery to trunk relocation kit (installed at psi motorsports have reciepts)
- MGW short throw shifter
- Autometer digital tachometer, boost gauge, water temp and oil pressure gauge (all mechanical)