A 08flex Fuel 4.6 Dohc. In My 99 Gt, Ez?

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by jasons mustang, Mar 28, 2014.

1. jasons mustang

jasons mustang New Member

ok I have a 99 mustang gt 5spd convertible with a bad motor, I was looking through listings and saw quite a few dohc's vin v the same price as the mustang engines vin x. These where mostly out of 08 and newer crown vics. They are flex fuel engines, and I was wondering how complicated the swap was? If there is a good thread somewhere I cant find it and any help would be awesome. Thanks
  2. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Crown vics never got the DOHC....well other than the 2003-2004 Marauder.

I'd double check the listing again and make sure it's not an error. Only cars to get the 4.6L DOHC after 2004 was the Lincoln Aviator
  3. jasons mustang

they are from police interceptors, and there are alot of them, from many different companies, all saying vin v
  4. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

The Police Interceptor got the same 4.6L SOHC as the civilian versions. There was never a factory DOHC crown vic (other than the marauder)

Pretty similar to what you already have in your car.
  5. jasons mustang

yea idk, everything I see online says the same, police interceptor had the same 4.6 L SOHC as the civilian model, but you can find them on eBay that say vin "v".i don't trust it... The price is way to low for a dohc also
  6. 03_TrueBlue_GT

03_TrueBlue_GT Active Member

Swap a 3v 4.6 in, there are plenty of them out now, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get one.