A 5.0 supercharger thread???

drexebo

Mar 3, 2004
First off... why is it that I go in the 4.6 forum and every other post is about what kind of #'s they got with their new Kenne-Bell kit, but I go in 5.0 forums and have to search for supercharger threads... only to find no results? Are you guys supercharging your cars or what? ... and if not, why is that? Is it just that it's easy to get decent torque and mod responsiveness with N/A mods? or that if you are going to put a power-adder, you're going to add a turbo... I just needed to get that off my chest.

Anyway... what's the best/most common 5.0 supercharger out there and what kind of numbers do they make on what kind of boost? It seems like Kenne-Bell is not nearly as popular among the 5.0 crowd...

• Sponsors (?)

drexebo said:
First off... why is it that I go in the 4.6 forum and every other post is about what kind of #'s they got with their new Kenne-Bell kit, but I go in 5.0 forums and have to search for supercharger threads... only to find no results? Are you guys supercharging your cars or what? ... and if not, why is that? Is it just that it's easy to get decent torque and mod responsiveness with N/A mods? or that if you are going to put a power-adder, you're going to add a turbo... I just needed to get that off my chest.

Anyway... what's the best/most common 5.0 supercharger out there and what kind of numbers do they make on what kind of boost? It seems like Kenne-Bell is not nearly as popular among the 5.0 crowd...

Probably the Vortech is most popular. But so are the Procharger and Paxton blowers.

I think the Kenne Bell is more popular with the 4.6 guys because the 4.6 is kinda soft on low end torque. I know the difference between my 90 GT 5.0 and my 98 4.6 GT is night and day different in the low end. 5.0 feels like a stump puller, 4.6 just builds and builds and builds and really comes on at about 3500 rpm. The Kenne Bell makes big torque everywhere.

plus most of the 4.6 drivers are old rich guys, most of us 5.0 ers are teenagers/20 somethings who dont have enough money to get a supercharger like that, we'd rather build it up and buy stuff that is only a few hundred dollars and keep adding to our cars. Nothing is 100% clear, im not saying there arent a lot of exceptions.

Just based on how long I've been around the 5.0 scene the Vortech seems to be the most popular.

As for the first question: I think it has alot to do with the insane number of h/c/m combos that are available to us. Alot of guys like the idea of running n/a. That's not a knock on the 4.6 crowd at all, it's just a matter of 5.0 owners having more options. I also noticed that alot of guys here have bolt-ons and nitrous. :nice:

ill advised said:
Just based on how long I've been around the 5.0 scene the Vortech seems to be the most popular.

As for the first question: I think it has alot to do with the insane number of h/c/m combos that are available to us. Alot of guys like the idea of running n/a. That's not a knock on the 4.6 crowd at all, it's just a matter of 5.0 owners having more options. I also noticed that alot of guys here have bolt-ons and nitrous. :nice:
this is a GREAT point as to why you find so many na 5.0's that arent stock yet acan run 12's and even 11's. Its because of the insanely large amount of aftermarket parts for our cars top ends.

drexebo said:

what type of car do u own?

drexebo said:
seriously now... who goes in the "power adder" section? :notnice:

True...there isn't that many in there...

Even though I had a 99+ GT...I noticed no difference in "loss of torque" down low compared to the 5.0...it just seems like it because the 5.0 is lacking up top and makes the bottom end seem that much better and vice versa on the 4.6...

I think the reason why more supercharger threads are out there in the 4.6 forum is because of money...they usually have a bit more to spend...but not neccesarily true...and 4.6's love boost :nice: