A Big Positive for American Muscle

myponyrocks

I have more billet on the Stang than most women ha
Apr 18, 2004
A while back I ordered a new chin spoiler from them because my old one (of about 3 years) was all banged up.

Any way I installed it last week since it's supposed to be done snowing. Then yesterday it kinda dissapeared some where between my house and my G/Fs about 70 miles away. I'm guessing a few of the plastic clips gave up with the drastic temp changes the last few days...

Well I called them up and with minimal hassle they hooked me up with an acceptable replacement price and a free shirt :rolleyes:. I would have liked near free, but I don't blame them for not offering... I'm sure people call places all the time trying to get free crap when it's not deserved. And while a free shirt is kinda cheesy compensation, it's the offer that counts IMO.

So thanks AM for at least trying to appease a customer.

This time around I'll be using bolts instead of the plastic pins.

• Sponsors (?)

i was happy until they sent me the aftermarket chin spoiler that was glossy smooth black. didn't want to go through the hassle of returning it(which they did offer very promptly) so i sold it for the same price i paid. have an oem one on order now.

You probably drilled the holes a little too big. The holes should be as small as
you can possibly force them through. But hey, theres more than one way
to do that anyhow. Are these what you used.

pushpin.jpg
[/IMG]

You probably drilled the holes a little too big. The holes should be as small as
you can possibly force them through. But hey, theres more than one way
to do that anyhow. Are these what you used.

pushpin.jpg
[/IMG]

The pins were similar to that.

As to the holes, they were the correct size. The chin was tight. I just think going from 80 degrees to 32 and snow/rain then 70 degrees shocked the plastic.

Like I said, the new one I will be using some small bolts, loc-tite, and lock nuts :)

mine as been held on with clip for about 2 years but i didnt use those showed above i used the ones that just push in the kind thaty have all the little catchs all the way down it the one that are the biggest pain to get off

I installed mine with push pins 4 years ago.

I've hit crap with it and it's still attached. I figure if i ever hit anything big i want the spoiler to rip off vs tearing out chunks of my GT's bumper

so u lost a part and called them expecting them to send u another one for free?

No, a part flew off within 3 days of CORRECT installation and I was HOPING for a near free replacement.

I wasn't EXPECTING anything, and I'm quite happy with what they offered. :nice:

Do you think maybe at all it could have been stolen??

With this things running near $100 a pop, and only being held on with plastic pins, i've always dreaded coming out of the mall, bar, work, etc to see my chin spoiler missing.

It would literally take a min to pull it off

I thought about the theft part, but then There was 5 minutes from when I had last looked at it (because I was putting some Back to Black lovin on the plastic exterior) to when I got in my car and hit the freeway.

I'm pretty anal about my car so I do a walk around before I get in it to see if the car. Kids around here like to put bottles and nails under peoples tires. I think I would have noticed it missing.