A/C and Heat not turning on

jtdbso

May 28, 2009
I have a 1992 GT I bought used never got to use the A/C or heat. I was told that neither worked but the Heater Core needed to be replaced. So during that wonderful 8hr excursion before putting the dash back together I tested the blower by connecting it to a battery. I was happy it turned on and spun. Fast forward dash is in everything is connected and when you turn the heat or a/c on low, med, or high nothing happens. Could it be my resistor or the switch? And if it is the resistor do I have to take the dash out again. It's located on the blower box correct. Any help is appreciated thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Resistor pack is located on the box, but if you flip out the glovebox, you can see it. Also, the blower plugs are located here. SO simply by flipping down or removing the glovebox, you can do some simple diagnostic work to check for voltage, etc.

usually, when blower resistors fail, the blower motor only works on high. But more than likely, the plug for the blower motor is dangling if i had to bet. Hopefully..that's all it is

Thank you Ill check it out. I thought that was the case it would blow on high only. I should also check the actual A/C switch maybe I need a new one. Thanks again

Already checked fuses, I hope when I put the dash back from doing the heater core I didn't mess something up. I have off tomorrow so I'm going to do the resistor it can’t hurt. Thank you I'll let you know how it turns out.