A/C eliminator kits

bgjohnson

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
johnston,iowa
hey guys I got a couple questions for you all. I am doing an H/C/I and in the process have eliminated my A/C and Smog pump, now I was wondering which one was the best and if sombody sells a idler pulley instead of a whole A/C eliminator kit? thanks

chris

• Sponsors (?)

I did use any kit on my car, just used a shorter belt. With underdrive crank & water pump with stock altenator pullies I ran a 77.5" belt. With that set up I didn't run a tensioner. I took out the top alt bolt and slide it over to get the belt on and pryied it back into position to tighten the belt and get the bolt back in...
400797_20_full.jpg

I would recommend one that moves the power steering pump up. You can shed some weight by removing the condenser, pump, hoses, and bypass the smog pump all in one shot. I used a 70.5 with underdrives and smog pump bypassed. I just did mine last weekend and it was very easy. The pullies that replace your current set-up are a waste IMO, you don't lose any real weight and your still drain HP by turning another pully. The part # for the Ford racing kit is M-8511-A50, these sell for $40-$50 if I remember right, just look for a used one.

hey legendary, how do you like your summit 2 core radiator? PM on some of the details, like installation, because I'm gonna be getting one soon and want to know what to buy for it if anything at all, thanks for the info guys.

thanks man that helped out a bit, but on the side of the filler neck on the radiator did you have to buy a fitting to hook the overflow tube to? and what Radiator size did you get , i'm thinkin about getting the 31"in. one which is freakin huge but I heard it will fit since I don't have A/C. and how did you mount up the catch can?

I did go out and buy a brass fitting to screw into the filler neck for the overflow tank. You should be able to find one easily. I got the one that is 27 3/8 long. The overflow tank I got from autozone. You can see it in the pic.

582401_37_full.jpg