A/C hoses...

91cobraR

Jul 7, 2003
chandler, AZ
Where do you get a replacement A/C hose? I'm mainly talking about the one the goes from the canister and wraps around the intake and into the compressor. I tried to order one from Ford and it is either discontinued or obsolete. I also tried looking at the usual online mustang sites with no avail. My other concern is with the A/C condensor, since it blocks airflow to the radiator can it be changed to the smaller 94+ models?

• Sponsors (?)

The canister is the accumlator/dryer and it is one piece with the hose. They do not come separately.

If you have had the system open without refrigerant for any length of time, the accumlator/dryer must be replaced. This is because it has absorbed all the moisture that the dryer crystals can hold and is no longer functional.

I wouldn't recommend trying to use a 'used' dryer/accumulator. That device has a dessicant material inside (it removes water from the fluid) - and once exposed to the atmosphere, they're not much good anymore. Think of it like buying someone's used, dirty, non-cleanable paper air filter element - would you do that? Even if you buy a new one, do not remove the protective caps on the fittings until you're ready to install it in your car. And don't install it unless/until you're ready to charge it. It's more expensive on your car because of the one piece nature of that design and the fact that it acts as an accumulator - on mine you can pick up the filter/drier for less than $20. Any time I have to discharge the system - I install a new filter/drier.