A/C Weight

Novanutcase

Oct 21, 2007
When I bought my '03 GT the A/C wasn't working so I decided to pull the condenser and whatever A/C related stuff that resided in the engine compartment.

I've been told that the under dash unit is quite heavy(80lbs) but it doesn't seem that heavy. If so then I would like to pull it out and save a little weight since I don't use it. Can anyone confirm the weight of the unit inside the car?

John

• Sponsors (?)

When I bought my '03 GT the A/C wasn't working so I decided to pull the condenser and whatever A/C related stuff that resided in the engine compartment.

I've been told that the under dash unit is quite heavy(80lbs) but it doesn't seem that heavy. If so then I would like to pull it out and save a little weight since I don't use it. Can anyone confirm the weight of the unit inside the car?

John

Not even close to 80lbs. Total weight of everything AC related in the car is 59lbs and that includes compressor, condensor, lines, dryer and the heater core/fan under the dash. The part under the dash is 18lbs.

Bill

John,
If you lived where I do and pulled the A/C I'd probably have to hit you.
I don't know the answer to your question but I think you might want to keep that A/C if you ever want to sell the car.
Hahahaha!!! That's OK! I bought the car with a salvage title anyways so resale is for ****! I'm slowly turning it into a race car so at the end of it all I'll probably have all the interior stripped out anyways but until I do that I'll just leave it in and do it once I get to that point.

Not even close to 80lbs. Total weight of everything AC related in the car is 59lbs and that includes compressor, condensor, lines, dryer and the heater core/fan under the dash. The part under the dash is 18lbs.

Bill

Thanks! Saved me a weekend!

John