A couple pics of my 418 progress...

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
I've been working on it every night after work and I've got most of the top end finished. The cam needed advanced 2* so it's a good thing I decided to degree it. The block also needed grinded a little for the timing chain to clear, so be aware of that if you ever buy a Rollmaster timing set with torrington bearing. I just need to clean it up a little and torque everything down. The intake should be here next week so it will be in the car next week! :banana:

100_0517.JPG

100_0521.JPG

100_0523.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Well Im just gonna run my stock T-5 for now. Hopefully it'll last me until I can afford a Tremec 600, unfortunately that means I'll have to go a little easy on it :nonono:.

This things gonna make a ****load of torque! Im guessing RWHP will be 425-450, but the torque should be close to 500. How long do you all think I'll have it running before I break something? Im guessing about a week :lol:

we just got this new mustang a few weeks ago. It is a 2004, Gt convertible, charcoal grey w/ black top. the V-8 roars. it is awsome. i love mustangs! i am hoping to someday get a '65 Shelby, but i dont know if that will ever happen. Nice engine, but where's the car? is it the blue one to the side of the screen?
gtg,
got pwr out

got pwr said:
we just got this new mustang a few weeks ago. It is a 2004, Gt convertible, charcoal grey w/ black top. the V-8 roars. it is awsome. i love mustangs! i am hoping to someday get a '65 Shelby, but i dont know if that will ever happen. Nice engine, but where's the car? is it the blue one to the side of the screen?
gtg,
got pwr out

:scratch: What blue one?

Here's the car it's going in
100_0446.JPG

bjl95mustang said:
What evac system for the crankcase are you going to run?

I have two breathers, one for each valve cover. What else do I need? What should I do about the PCV since Im running open breathers? I really hadn't thought that far ahead yet :rolleyes:

Low-5.0 said:
I have two breathers, one for each valve cover. What else do I need? What should I do about the PCV since Im running open breathers? I really hadn't thought that far ahead yet :rolleyes:

Try running the 2.3 turbo pcv, Im pretty sure the part # is ev127a