a few changes to the car

fastgtfairlane

Apr 7, 2006
yesterday i painted some things on the car. im thinking about painting the spoiler, rear view mirrors black and the cowl to freshin it up and make it look cleaner. give me your opinions. to paint the rims, i scuffed up the clear that was on them, came over it with some black epoxy primer and 2 coats of a high build semi gloss aliphatic urethane enamel. i wanted something to last so i figured that set up would work best. the finsh came out exactly how i was hoping it would. ive always loved black center with silver or aluminum rings on rims especially on a white car. ive got a little gravity fed spray gun. i dont have the money for new rims so i modified my current ones.

before

newmustang1.jpg

after

blackrims4.jpg

blackrims3.jpg

blackrims2.jpg

blackrims1.jpg

i also did the tail lights and the bottom of the bumper black

blackrims5.jpg

Attachments

• newmustang1.jpg
    newmustang1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 91
  • blackrims4.jpg
    blackrims4.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 77
  • blackrims3.jpg
    blackrims3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 85
  • blackrims2.jpg
    blackrims2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 79
  • blackrims1.jpg
    blackrims1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 76
  • blackrims5.jpg
    blackrims5.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Sponsors (?)

thanks for the compliment. what all would be needed for the 1 " spacer to make it work. would i need to get longer studs. i agree it would look even better that way. by the way, you have one of the nicest cobras on this site that i have ever seen. your car is magazine material for sure.

thanks for the compliment. what all would be needed for the 1 " spacer to make it work. would i need to get longer studs. i agree it would look even better that way. by the way, you have one of the nicest cobras on this site that i have ever seen. your car is magazine material for sure.

No need for longer studs, just go with a hub-centric spacer. Look into H&R. Very high quality, very safe.

No need for longer studs, just go with a hub-centric spacer. Look into H&R. Very high quality, very safe.

^ he's right. I run the H&R 1" in the rear of mine, had them on for over a year and no problems. They are easy to install, they just bolt on your studs like the wheel does, then the wheel bolts to the studs that are on the spacer. I went with H&R cuz when it comes to holding my wheels on, I wanted to feel safe by goin with a quality brand. By the way, since they are german, they list the sizes in millimeters, so for 1" you will want their 25mm spacers.

Thanks for the compliment on my car, its alot of work and very often a pain in the ass, but a compliment here and there helps make it all worth it :cheers:

what kind of boat? size?

its a 1970 sidewinder ski boat. 15foot with a 140 johnson outboard. it is super fast. ive had it at about 58mph on glassy water. it throws out a 10 or 15 foot rooster tail behind it. it rides almost like a 2 seater jetski. i usually take it in the intercoastal and big boats come by, i can hit the wake off and jamb the throttle down and get the boat completely out of the water. the midrange torque on that thing is amazing. heres a few pics. i got the boat last year in trade for 500 bucks worth of work on his wifes car. it sat in his garage for 2 years, i pulled it out, put a battery and gas in it and run the dog **** out of it.

boat5.jpg

View attachment 374185

yeah that boat is a trip. i will get a video of it real soon. this winter im gonna gut the interior and redo the whole thing. theres a few soft spots in the floor. the car actually does pretty good on the ramp. the trailer is made for a longer boat and i back the boat up to the back wheels of the car. when i pull the boat i keep the rpms up and let the clutch out 3/4 of the way. the tires spin a lil but it pulls it right out. i get crazy looks from all the rednecks when i go to the boat ramp with the boat behind my car. but i dont give a rats ass.

You know it's bad when the rednecks are staring. :lol:

Where are you from? I live in redneck country.

i live in wilmington but put the boat in at carolina beach public boat ramp. its the rednecks with the run of the mill z71 with the loud obnoxious exhaust and the camo hunting hats. they are so gay. they love to throw revs at me. carolina beach is redneck vacation heaven. i used to live there. when i moved in on july 4th last year, dude it was the most rediculous redneck round up ive ever seen. i sat on the boucony of my condo and watched them go by. they had the confederate flags flyin and everything. dont get me wrong im a country boy myself but, they take it way too far. i just have to laugh at them.