a few new things...

98COBRA281

10 Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Port St. Lucie, Florida
so on thanksgiving night i took a ride in the car, well the hood wasent latched and flew up taking out the windsheild, and the 2 back points on the hood stabbed the dash.

DSCN1022.jpg

so i got the windsheild fixed, and it was fully covered by insurance.

DSCN1044.jpg

DSCN1045.jpg

so i searched for a black dash with out a clock, had no luck finding one, so i bought a 99+ charchoal dash in mint condion! so i dyed it with SEM color coat, and it came out perfect!

DSCN1141.jpg

perfect color match!

DSCN1146.jpg

started taking the dash out today

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1128.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1135.jpg

and while its apart i picked up an automoter 3 pod pillar, and will be useing my autometer phamtom, oil pressure, water temp, and narrrow band AFR.

before, 2 pod rivited to the stock pillar...

DSCN1144.jpg

the autometer pillar

DSCN1145.jpg

and i bought a 97 cobra cluster:nice:

DSCN1147.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Sucks about that happening but nice work so far. That higher redline on the tach is more relevant to what you're spinning that thing to and white gauges are where it's at.

the cowl stopped it from hitting the roof! and it did not damage the hood at all!

A lot of work to get rid of the clock. Could have turned the clock into gauges.

i never had the clock, and the stock dash had holes drilled in it from a tach the previous owner installed, then it got damaged when the hood came up. thats the only reason im changing it.

Wow, nice job man looks good. The damage certainly could have been worse.

I had something similar happen to me. I was working on my car outside when I lived in North Dakota. For those of you that don't know its always f'n windy up there. Anyways, a gust came and slammed my hood back into my windshield. The windshield glass broke and the hood snapped in half :eek: I was super pissed...