A few questions as I move forward

Ive finaly managed to get my 94, 5.0 running steady, and Im ready to move forward with a few things. But I have some questions. I dont know if it will help any but I have the following mods. GT40 heads and this cam http://www.trickflow.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-51402000&autoview=sku. Other than that a offroad Xpipe and I have removed all smog and A/C componants. I'm buying a GT40 upper and lower intake, Attached to which is a BBK CAI. Will I need anything special to replace my old intakes and air setup with these? For instance will the stock throttle cable work at all? Mine already has slack in it with the stock setup I assume from stretching? I'm told the CAI wont work with the elbow in the stock intake, so I'm assuming adding the elbow to the strait GT40 intake is out. Will that affect anything? Next and I know its probably dumb, but I still dont know and need to. I'm really not sure at which point on the timing thingy majigger on top of the harmonic balancer to set my timing with? Ill supply a pic if someone could tell me which number is the correct place, that would be great. Last and I think this is all I have for now. I really want to remove the EGR( for cosmetic reasons) but getting the car tuned is out for now. I read somewhere on this site that there is a way to move and hide it without removing it?
F28M6316M50.jpg

Attachments

• F28M6316M50.jpg
    F28M6316M50.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Sponsors (?)

If you're not sure how to do this work I would suggest having someone knowledgeable do this work for you. Changing over to the GT40 intake is a direct replacement. Meaning all your stock stuff does carry over. You can use the stock Throttle Body, you'll need an elbow adapter (FRPP sells them for $60 or find one used), stock throttle cable bolts right on, etc. I'm not sure what you mean about the CAI though. If your using the stock Mass Air Meter you can put a flanged CAI system on. If I were you I'd pass on a cold air kit right now. Use that money to get a Pro-M Mass Air Meter or get a larger 70MM throttle body (prefer getting both). The intake is great and can handle lots of air but you'll need the parts to get the air in. A bigger Mass air meter along with the larger throttle body will do that. I'd leave the stock EGR stuff on the car right now. It's more of headache to remove it because it will throw codes.

About the timing, do some reading on this subject. There are sticky's about this in the FOX 5.0 Tech section about setting timing.

Thank you for the advice. I'm not at all worried about the work. The intake swapj will take around 20 minutes I've had mine apart enough. As for the cold air intake. It and the upper and lower gt40 intake are all together for $150. The problem is the cold airintake is a complete hard tub piece with maf sensor, built for the strait intake. What I need to know is if I need a shorter throttle cable or anything else to run the intake without the elbow. Also great advice on the 70mm tb. I just double checked with my buddy that is allready on the intake as well. Its kind of a steal I think for $150. I know how to set the timing I just wasn't sure what point on the indicator to use?

Post a picture of the this intake with cold air kit installed. If you don't use the elbow you can change the SN95 (94-95) throttle cable to a FOX style (86-93). I think that's what you'll need to do. There are sticky's on how to do this on Stangnet. It will tell you the things required to purchase in order to complete the swap. I'd like to see this intake.

Well it is what he said it was but the intake and cold aire werent connected. I have a picture of the BBK cold air oddly with a new KN filter on it. Mighta been a little bit smartass with the 20 minute thing by the way. It took a hour or so and not totaly finished but close.
IMG_20120112_160913.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20120112_160913.jpg
    IMG_20120112_160913.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 82
Ive finaly managed to get my 94, 5.0 running steady, and Im ready to move forward with a few things. But I have some questions. I dont know if it will help any but I have the following mods. GT40 heads and this cam http://www.trickflow.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-51402000&autoview=sku. Other than that a offroad Xpipe and I have removed all smog and A/C componants. I'm buying a GT40 upper and lower intake, Attached to which is a BBK CAI. Will I need anything special to replace my old intakes and air setup with these? For instance will the stock throttle cable work at all? Mine already has slack in it with the stock setup I assume from stretching? I'm told the CAI wont work with the elbow in the stock intake, so I'm assuming adding the elbow to the strait GT40 intake is out. Will that affect anything? Next and I know its probably dumb, but I still dont know and need to. I'm really not sure at which point on the timing thingy majigger on top of the harmonic balancer to set my timing with? Ill supply a pic if someone could tell me which number is the correct place, that would be great. Last and I think this is all I have for now. I really want to remove the EGR( for cosmetic reasons) but getting the car tuned is out for now. I read somewhere on this site that there is a way to move and hide it without removing it?
F28M6316M50.jpg

# 3 :)

It will be obvious when you get it installed.. You should be able to leave your stock pointer if you want as well. I did

Attachments

• F28M6316M50.jpg
    F28M6316M50.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 66
Well finished it isnt. I had all the parts except the throttble body which for some reason wasnt on the intake. he went to his friends to figure out where it got off to. i had a few hours so i painted the upper and lower intake valve covers stuff like that. Well the throttlebody is missing so he refunded $50 of the $150. But Im in a pickle now. Is there a strait adapter that will make my throttlbody fit? Or will have to get the elbow adapter? Also where can I find the elbow adapter? I looked on ford racing performance parts page and couldnt find it. Also since the Cold Air kit wont fit with a elbow ive looked at ways to shorten the cold air tube. will that hurt anything?

Well I found this if it is what i need? http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-95-MUSTA...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6ef144f8

Thanks everyone for the help. I was bored and pulled my lifters as I've had a little engine noise and found 2 bad ones. So while I'm waiting on the adapter and new lifters. I've decided to relocate the wiring harness's pull the acc. Brackets and paint and clean everything.