A few updates...Nothing to exciting!!

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Well the turboford has been parked almost all summer due to time, money and the lack there of. Having it parked has allowed me to look at it more like a project car, rather than a daily driver....which is quite nice.
so far i havent done much to the motor (yikes, requires money!) but i have started a black interior convertion, i also installed a small amp/sub setup. (easily removed for track times). Anyways, here is a couple of pictures of the dash going in....

Ps:after doing the heater core, pulling/installing the dash happens in quick order! 30mins! :D

stolendash.jpg

blackstarted.jpg

and last but not least....the life of a turboford...

lifeofaturboford.jpg

Ill see if i can take a few more pictures when its backtogether and the bugs are worked out. So far i have found a few differences between 90-93 dashes and 87-89 dash.
1: fuse box isnt cut out
2:a/c controls are mounted differntly
:)

Attachments

• stolendash.jpg
    stolendash.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 94
  • blackstarted.jpg
    blackstarted.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 82
  • lifeofaturboford.jpg
    lifeofaturboford.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

mr_woodster said:
dash is an original black dash. I tried previously to paint my grey dash black...Yikes! stick with a original thats black.....it stays black, scratchs black, and fades black. lol Saves a whole lota hassle.

My original black dash didn't stay black.

I had an air freshener that was supposed to be car friendly but it fell over and the oil leaked onto my dash. Cleaned it up 2 minutes later and there went the paint. Big grey blotches now :(