A friend for the Cobra to play with, 500HP GTO

Z28x

Sep 19, 2003
Albany NY
  • Sponsors (?)

Though I am not a fan of many things non-Ford, that GTO modified does look pretty damn sweet. Hey at least I'm commenting on an American car- though it is made if freakin' Australia-

manicmustangman said:
Is that suppose to the be the 2005 GTO or a bodykit or what?

No the '05 looks more like the autocross GTO from SEMA, It is also going to have some Holden HSV bofy kit/GFX/spoilers and 18" rims avalible.

This may be a sneek peak at the '06 body, but since the 2007/8 will be all new I don't know if they will put the investment into the current generation GTO.

manicmustangman said:
Yep, the cooler the car the less likely it will ever be build.

:( unfortunatly that seems to be true, and not just for GM. I'd love a FR500, Super Stalion, Sunoco Camaro, Pontiac G8, or Dodge Viper Carbon.

mransr said:
you guys really like that :shrug: looks like a gaint Accord with a body kit to me...way too many scoops and gills and grills for my taste...

I like it. It is not as gilly as a Saleen Mustang. People complain when a car is too plain and they complain when it has some styling to it. Personally, I like some styling. Ricers with there 3 foot wings and can opener bumpers are over the top but I think this is nice and tasteful.

Great googly moggly... that thing this is :bang: :jaw:.

GM really is starting to get their RWD crap together finally.... just as people were starting to give up hope. First the Caddy CTS-V (not keen on styling, but can't argue with the performance). Then the upcomming 500 HP CTS-Super V which looks better than than the CTS-V due to the body mods. And now the GTO getting a kick in the pants it seems. These cars are all gonna cost upwards of 50 grand, so there's still a slot oppen for the Camaro to come back to in the 20 - 35 grand range, depending on engine choice and other options.

Woooot!