A GAME: List of cars faster than the 05 Mustang GT

My 1998 Gt

MY 1998 GT IS FASTER :banana:
gp001 said:
OK, to expand on the current rash of threads about people being beat in their 05 Mustang GT I decided to post a game. Here's how it works:

1. You post a reply with the year, make, and model of a car that is faster than the 05 Mustang GT
2. You can only post ONE CAR per post.
3. You can only post ONCE every 24 hours
4. Play by the rules!!!!!!!!!!! No one likes a jerk that wants to post 100 cars. No one cares how many cars you can personally list.

Lets see if this thing flys or crashes and burns :D

I'll start:

1. 2005 Porshce Carrera GT :)

• Sponsors (?)

willgator1 said:
why is this not a drivers race, the 5 extra horsepower going to be to much to overcome . I noticed the gearing is the same ??? :shrug:
Mach's have 3.55 rear gears and nice 1st and 2nd gears in the tranny. They are a little lighter than the 05's too. That 4 valve gets up and screams. They are underated from the factory, so don't let the 305 rating fool ya. I have yet to see a somewhat stock 05 GT beat a Mach 1. :shrug: Also Willgator I live in Brevard too. If you have an 05 come to Speedworld with me and we can test this and post the results.

CPB00GT said:
Mach's have 3.55 rear gears and nice 1st and 2nd gears in the tranny. They are a little lighter than the 05's too. That 4 valve gets up and screams. They are underated from the factory, so don't let the 305 rating fool ya. I have yet to see a somewhat stock 05 GT beat a Mach 1. :shrug: Also Willgator I live in Brevard too. If you have an 05 come to Speedworld with me and we can test this and post the results.

the 05's have 3:55's (manual) also and the three valve makes more torque Ford almost always underates. Dont get me wrong Mach 1's are sweet I wish I had one Its still a drivers race.

The new 7.0 liter vette zo6

Metro 6R4

car009i%20millbrook%203.jpg

Meat496 said:
the 05's have 3:55's (manual) also and the three valve makes more torque Ford almost always underates. Dont get me wrong Mach 1's are sweet I wish I had one Its still a drivers race.

The new 7.0 liter vette zo6

stock vs stock the mach1 wins, it takes tuning on the 05 mustang gt to be a drivers race.
also, the 3v makes more tq, yes, but only from 2200-3200rpm.

to give you an example, both cars are 5 speed, both cars are stock
05 Mustang GT VS 03 Mustang Mach1
http://www.dynoperformance.com/compare_details.php?ID1=850&ID2=578&submit=Compare+Results

one thing that i don't get yet, everybody says the 05 gt hooks better than any other mustang. still, i'm seen a lot of them running low 14's.
i would use fontana dragway in my example, and i would ask gp001 directly about his times, cause i saw his car running at fontana when he was stock and now that he's modded. gp001, you were always racing a silver z28 ha :nice: