A ghost from the past.....

DougNuts

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2000
Georgetown Ky
Hey guys, I try to stop in every now and then to see how everyone is doing.

Some of you may remember me........... I sold my car in July of '06 the same day it rolled over 200K miles. :nonono::nice:

I kept the car as nice as I could for the 8.5 years I owned it and I hope the new owner is taking care of it. I had a lot of memories tied up in that car. It ran a 9.0 @ 78mph in the 1/8th when it had like 186K miles on it. It was a heavy bitch at 3700#s, but it was a head turner to the end..........

http://forums.stangnet.com/475659-finally-pictures-my-94-convertable.html

Pass.jpg

Topup.jpg

Athorsefarm.jpg

Sideofcarfromrearwheel.jpg

I miss it occasionally but selling it was the right thing to do for me. I now drive an '07 Accord for my dd.....

It's a 5 speed manual and gets 30-34 miles per gallon. :)

resize.jpg

And my toy since I sold the Mustang is a '93 Honda Civic......

The Civic has a 1.5L motor and puts down 94hp on the dyno while getting 40-42 miles per gallon. It's equipped with Koni shocks, Ground control coil-overs and sticky Dunlop tires. :nice:
dsc0030ct2.jpg

DSCN2612.jpg

I know some of you guys don't care for Hondas, but I've always been into turning corners and the SN95 chassis takes a lot of work (read: $$$) to do what I want to do with it. The Civic weighs ~2150lbs and has a much more advanced suspension than the Mustang did. Right now, I'm rebuilding a turbo :D and once I get it installed (200whp), it should be quicker than my Mustang was, plus it will handle way better. In short, the Civic and Mustang are a world apart, but the Mustang would have cost tons of $$$ to get it where I wanted it and the Civic fits my corner carving needs better. We're all car guys and believe me, the Honda community is as divided as you guys are towards Hondas. I'm a just a car guy and my roots are with the Mustang community..........

With that said, for some reason I miss the Stangnet 94-95 Forums more than I miss my car.
:SNSign:

I hope you guys are doing well and please don't hate, we're all car guys and need to stick together.........:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I did almost the same thing.

I had some more important things come up, and the Mustang had to go.

Now, I have an 01 Civic EX 5 speed that gets 35-40 mpg; with 17" wheels.

But I will have another 'Stang one day...

Well I'll drop my opinion.....and that's all it is.....I've owned several vehicles over the course of my life and consider my self just a car enthusiast......I have affection for many makes and models......
1. It's your hobby, if it makes you happy........rock on brother..

2. If others are "hating".....once they start paying for you mods and entrance fees....then they can hate...lol

3. Life's too short to live worried about what others think........enjoy the journey brother....

I joined a site for pontiacs about the same time I joined up here and kept hearing "those guys with their RUSTANGS.........I don't think I ever responded or defended anything....not worth my time to argue with someone I will never meet face to face......I usually find someone with close to the same ideals I have and enjoy the conversations......and I will add that I have enjoyed talking with several people from this site that are just laid back hard working people who share their love for their car........

Your car was/is sweet....and I'm sure you miss it but I'm sure your having one hell of a time with the Honda....so enjoy it brother.....
WIll

I joined a site for pontiacs about the same time I joined up here and kept hearing "those guys with their RUSTANGS.........

Ha, when I had my Honda and my Mustang, I made it a point to share that my 130K mile Civic had more rust than my 190K mile Mustang everytime I saw the term "Rustang" used.

I'm finding that almost everyone thinks that their car/brand is best.............:nono:

Don't even get me started on how fast/slow some people think Mustangs are. However, don't underestimate Hondas. There are guys putting down 200+ hp N/A from < 2 Liter motors. That's a lot of power in a 2200lb car!

Plus the stock cranks and blocks can handle 400+hp and have amazing cylinder head flow numbers that allow you to reach those numbers easily with boost. Throw in some piston and rods and put the boost to it! :)

i hear ya. i had a 98 nissan 200sx w/ lots of suspension work. i had motor work done also but it put down around 120whp:nonono:. it ran in the 15s :rolleyes: but was quite fun around the corners. i got a 94 gt and i like it. anything on any car that you will do will cost $$$$. plus, parts for hondas or any other import is expensive.

I'm with you guys. It's all about the passion, not the Make.

Sounds like you have a nice DD and a cool fun-car. FWIW, your toy gets better mileage than my literbike. :bang:

Welcome back! I have been bitten by the autocross bug too and I now appreciate a lightweight nimble chassis to a mega HP 2 ton beast. I have an SVTF that i run in GS, it gets 33-35mpg highway and is a blast on the track. What dunlops are you running? I have direzza star spec's on mine.

Hey, I am so with you on that. I love cars of all makes and models, and I get offended when anyone talks badly about any of them. My boyfriend has a 3rd gen. Supra and a 1st gen. MR2. That MR2 is a major lightweight and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that little car. He used to have a Honda CRX and he autocrossed it some, and MAN that thing would hug a curve. It didn't even weight 2,000 pounds.

Some of my favorite cars of all time are EUROtrash, so yeah. :rlaugh:

Nice '94 you had. I LOVE the '94-'98 body style, but there is just something special about the '94-'95 models. Mine has 140k on the clock and yours gives me something to look forward to. :)

Welcome back! I have been bitten by the autocross bug too and I now appreciate a lightweight nimble chassis to a mega HP 2 ton beast. I have an SVTF that i run in GS, it gets 33-35mpg highway and is a blast on the track. What dunlops are you running? I have direzza star spec's on mine.

Same here Paul, Direzza Star Spec Z1s or something like that. The brand new 'tire to have' in autocrossing.

All season people have been asking me how I like them and I'm like "I don't know, they are my first sticky tire on this car". I've never gotten so much attention from something that seemed so small, but driver and tire make all the difference in auto-x.